Home

I've decided I can't wait for M13...

This is a discussion on I've decided I can't wait for M13... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2012, 09:16 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
No.....I think if Custome Playbooks and player editing was in I would give it a shot, but I'm just done being forced to use a Playbook with 150 plays that I'll never use and be forced to choose a book that almost covers all my favorite plays but misses a few looks that I really like. Custome Playbooks was such a huge step forward in gamplay and immersion for me that I can't see myself enjoying the game without it. Player editing was another huge thing for me and NCAA imports was cool even though it was done so poorley and I hope they'd fix it and not just take it out.

Too many things gone for me in 13 to take a step backwards and as stale as 12 can be it still supports my game and 13 falls well short unfortunitly. I really do hope the new engine rocks and 14 brings me back to current though.
I'm with you. 32 team n editing kept my franchise fresh

However I will gamefly it at some point cuz the gameplay does have me interested. But only bring able to control ONE team at a time WILL without a doubt wear on my attention after just a few seasons.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?1ykcjc
Old 06-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: I've decided I can't wait for M13...

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I just can't understand this point of view? How can lil things like draft import class and 32 team control, etc. outweigh gameplay? All those features mean nothing if the gameplay is as broken as it is in M12.
Gameplay is huge for me and I'm really bummed that I won't be playing the new engine. Like I said though, even with a new engine I can't go back to being forced into using a specific Playbook, releasing every player I draft into my 9er franchise that gets assigned #16 would just piss me off also. Could of been a great game for me if functionality wasn't compromised for the new arcade game direction. I enjoy the game of football and the X and O aspect, RPG and winning points like an arcade game just doesn't do anything for me.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:36 PM   #11
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Gameplay is huge for me and I'm really bummed that I won't be playing the new engine. Like I said though, even with a new engine I can't go back to being forced into using a specific Playbook, releasing every player I draft into my 9er franchise that gets assigned #16 would just piss me off also. Could of been a great game for me if functionality wasn't compromised for the new arcade game direction. I enjoy the game of football and the X and O aspect, RPG and winning points like an arcade game just doesn't do anything for me.
I do respect your opinion and do feel for you that your features that you love were not added back to Madden. I play offline franchise and I don't use those features, but I play as sim as I can. I don't consider myself an arcade player and never will.

To each their own, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2012, 11:28 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I do respect your opinion and do feel for you that your features that you love were not added back to Madden. I play offline franchise and I don't use those features, but I play as sim as I can. I don't consider myself an arcade player and never will.

To each their own, though.
Thanks man.....those features I mentioned where really important to my gameplay especially Custome Playbooks. I play sim but I really don't care how anyone chooses to play the game because it just has to be fun for the individual user at the end of day. I think the biggest disconnect with people defending taking the features out is that some people never used them and therefore just simply don't care and they want to try and talk people out of why they should be needed or defend EA for removing them without any real thought put into why they would be important to some people.

Removing Custome Playbooks, player editing, NCAA draft import, and multi team franchise/CCM is going to be much more disruptive than I think some people think and I'de venture to say that a lot of people have no idea those features are being removed and when they do it's gonna be a firestorm.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:54 PM   #13
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
Thanks man.....those features I mentioned where really important to my gameplay especially Custome Playbooks. I play sim but I really don't care how anyone chooses to play the game because it just has to be fun for the individual user at the end of day. I think the biggest disconnect with people defending taking the features out is that some people never used them and therefore just simply don't care and they want to try and talk people out of why they should be needed or defend EA for removing them without any real thought put into why they would be important to some people.

Removing Custome Playbooks, player editing, NCAA draft import, and multi team franchise/CCM is going to be much more disruptive than I think some people think and I'de venture to say that a lot of people have no idea those features are being removed and when they do it's gonna be a firestorm.
You could be right, and it could also be the greatest thing since sliced bread once you open up CC.

We'll see and I do understand it's not for you at this time.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
You could be right, and it could also be the greatest thing since sliced bread once you open up CC.

We'll see and I do understand it's not for you at this time.
I'm not really concerned with the CCM model, it's just the removal of features from it that's all. If all the features I've mentioned were in CCM it would be a slam dunk winner compared to what we've had in the past.

Think of it like this. Some people might really enjoy driving a new Farari with a brand new engine design and others would love the car also except the car doesn't have doors and they kind of like having a car with doors.
Old 06-11-2012, 12:14 AM   #15
Banned

AttackAttack's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
I'll be sticking with 12 because there's just too much functionality that was removed for me in 13. I really hope you guys enjoy the game and hopefully it will just keep getting better from here on out.
I like that you are being respectful of what other people want of the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-11-2012, 12:16 AM   #16
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

Quote:
I'm not really concerned with the CCM model, it's just the removal of features from it that's all. If all the features I've mentioned were in CCM it would be a slam dunk winner compared to what we've had in the past.

Think of it like this. Some people might really enjoy driving a new Farari with a brand new engine design and others would love the car also except the car doesn't have doors and they kind of like having a car with doors.
I do understand you personal position on the whole deal, all I'm saying for other people's opinion, it could be a great deep mode for them.

If people accept the fact that you and others understand that missing those features are crucial for you and some others, I'm sure you could accept that fact that other people may feel that CCM gives them great satisfaction.

That's all I'm saying.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »