Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 01:11 PM   #57
Banned

OVR: 25
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

I'm going to lay this out as best as I can. Remember, I am not a programmer!!! All we can go by it what is known and has been stated, if we are going off of anything else than we are pretty much wrong.

What is known (facts)
1). The mission of installing CCM is to put out each feature in the game in a full functioning fashion.
2). if it can't be done right, it won't be in this year. which means that each option in the game, has to be bugged and have safeguards in place
3). they do not have time to stop and work on something other than what is on the current priorities list

I'm not saying i agree/disagree with the above but they have been presented to us officially as fact.

What is probable (my guesses and what we ALL must assume)
4). if they do deviate from their priority list, it will almost certainly be at the expense of something else functioning properly.
5). There is not an edit function even connected with CCM right now.
6). there is not a on/off toggle for editing in CCM right now
7). there is not a user interface for editing in CCM right now.
8). there is not a button on the CCM interface to take you to edit players

This is all you can go off of. Its pretty much self explanatory.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
Banned

Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1744
The only safeguard required is to make it only enabled for commissioners or the original league creator, this works on and offline
Yessir!!!! But if they don't have time to put in the edit functions, and interface... where are they getting time to add in the Commish only safeguard?

For reference, thats what I hope they do when they put editing in.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #59
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

they want them to have access to the same features. i just might start a private online league just for access to the web intergration. why should i not get access to editing and custom rosters just because i want it to be online. they will get it working with the option to use it or not. but it takes time to get it in and do the QA right.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #60
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
I'm going to lay this out as best as I can. Remember, I am not a programmer!!! All we can go by it what is known and has been stated, if we are going off of anything else than we are pretty much wrong.

What is known (facts)
1). The mission of installing CCM is to put out each feature in the game in a full functioning fashion.
2). if it can't be done right, it won't be in this year. which means that each option in the game, has to be bugged and have safeguards in place
3). they do not have time to stop and work on something other than what is on the current priorities list

I'm not saying i agree/disagree with the above but they have been presented to us officially as fact.
I hope they back it up this fall.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:18 PM   #61
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
I hope they back it up this fall.
I agree 100%... like I said in my hands-on blog... My biggest concern was that they were doing so much that its going to be a challenge to get it all right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 01:22 PM   #62
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Yessir!!!! But if they don't have time to put in the edit functions, and interface... where are they getting time to add in the Commish only safeguard?

For reference, thats what I hope they do when they put editing in.
That's what's funny. People ask "why?" then when "why" is explained or attempted to, some say "I don't care" or something to that affect. lol

It reminds me of when I started that thread a while back about understanding game development, based on DaCzar radio show topic. If people really don't care why things are the way they are and just want what they want done regardless, it doesn't make much sense to ask "why" then, imo.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #63
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
What is probable (my guesses and what we ALL must assume)
4). if they do deviate from their priority list, it will almost certainly be at the expense of something else functioning properly.
5). There is not an edit function even connected with CCM right now.
6). there is not a on/off toggle for editing in CCM right now
7). there is not a user interface for editing in CCM right now.
8). there is not a button on the CCM interface to take you to edit players

This is all you can go off of. Its pretty much self explanatory.
Going by my many decades of Software Design:
4) Part of a priority list. Yes
5) There is an edit function to be used in Play Now from what I understand. If that is true, and if they used a modular code design, making an editable file available to CC should be minimal effort. Adding an edit screen to CC shouldn't take much effort.
6) An if statement
7) See 5). If they have a modular design, then they pretty much have a UI for CC.
8) An if statement and a button. Again, not much effort involved here.

The only thing that I see messing up is XP and maybe Story Line if the Story Line was designed poorly. Editing Rosters could offset the XP problem.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:27 PM   #64
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
That's what's funny. People ask "why?" then when "why" is explained or attempted to, some say "I don't care" or something to that affect. lol

It reminds me of when I started that thread a while back about understanding game development, based on DaCzar radio show topic. If people really don't care why things are the way they are and just want what they want done regardless, it doesn't make much sense to ask "why" then, imo.
Agreed as well. I look at it as if you aren't willing to attempt to understand how or why something works then you shouldn't attempt to discredit someones effort or thought process when it doesn't work the way you want it to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »