Home

What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

This is a discussion on What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2012, 02:02 PM   #81
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This is called moving the goal posts, you didn't answer what you quoted and instead ducked it.
No it's not moving any goal posts. I did answer the question. Not having progression doesn't break the mode. That's the same criteria that was used for the omission of editing rosters.

Quote:
No XP or similar system to replace it would make the mode nearly pointless,
Your opinion. Mine too.

To many, no NCAA drafts and no multi-player offline, no editing rosters to bring into CC and no CC editing makes the mode nearly pointless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 02:03 PM   #82
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: What Madden NFL 13 Connected Careers Gives, Takes Away and Might Have (Kotaku)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@bucky you can't have a game mode that is supposed to simulate multiple years of a sport without progression/regression.
Yes you can. It doesn't make much sense to me, but yes you can.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #83
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
@DNMHIII he said core features make the game/mode work. you can run a franchise on madden 12 without using it at all. but you cant without using the off season features.
I gotcha.....I'm defining core features as ones that are crucial to the foundation of the user experience and he was defining core features from a functionality standpoint only. I'm trying to place emphasis on user experience as I do believe that all design elements should really start and end with the user.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:06 PM   #84
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
Yes you can. It doesn't make much sense to me, but yes you can.
Oh, well then we can do it with no punters, or quarterbacks, and remove the running plays!

Doesn't make much sense to me, but yes you can.

That's how silly that response is.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:07 PM   #85
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Quote:
Oh, well then we can do it with no punters, or quarterbacks, and remove the running plays!

Doesn't make much sense to me, but yes you can.

That's how silly that response is.
Well that wouldn't be football..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2012, 02:08 PM   #86
MVP

PPerfect_CJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Thats how EVERY SPORTS GAME WORKS. Just because they put out the latest roster doesn't mean it will update your in progress career.

its not a conspiracy... They made the game the way people have asked for it for years. I'm sorry if that doesn't fit the way you play. Having a functioning game mode is (IMO and many others) more important than being able to edit rosters.
WHO asked for them to take away options and features?! It sure wasn't ME. I think you're a little off on this one, man.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #87
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20

Here we go again....Another "Ours is more important then Yours" Battle amongst Madden Fans

Meanwhile EA just sits back and laughs all the way to the bank

Im tired of them getting away with that approach to their game

The Politicians would be proud

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 06-14-2012, 02:10 PM   #88
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

@DNMHIII i agrees that it is supremely important to allow as much user control as possible. but they have to get the functionality stuff in before adding all the user control stuff

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »