Home

Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers

This is a discussion on Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #33
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Gaming Examiner: Madden 13 Interview with the Developers

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan
How long is the list of things they've said "we really want that but didn't have time". When you have a list that long it tells me the thing is not ready.

Edit: Okay thanks guys I had no idea all that stuff was missing. It still puzzles me why so much had to be sacrificed to get that all in. Or why they would even have the mode in the first place when it was so bare bones. oh well.
Connected Careers is way deeper than Franchise ever was. I don't think you understand CCM and how it works completely, heck I don't know if anyone who hasn't played it yet does, I know I don't fully understand it. Maybe someone who has played it can explain it and how deep it is.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:02 PM   #34
Rookie

Sheen_O_Mack's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
As the answer is most definitely a reasonable response, the bigger question is why the wouldn't have budgeted more time to get it done.

In customer service, you need to juggle between what keeps your current customers happy and what changes need to happen to make your unhappy customers happy. You don't alienate your current happy customer base to meet the demands of an unhappy customer. You find middle ground to accommodate as much as possible but not anger your happy customer.

EA decided to make the unhappy customer a priority and it may bite them in the butt. This should have been a two year cycle if they want to get all this in. Make the unhappy customer suffer an extra year, not the happy customer.
What if EA decided that the amount of unhappy customers outweighed the happy ones? Just sayin
Old 06-25-2012, 07:03 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 29

regardless of how deep it may or not be it's still missing basic features that exist in every other sports game on the market and again we have developers themselves saying they didn't get in things they wanted to which you wouldn't say if the mode was truly complete and ready to be put in
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
At this point, that's a matter of perspective. Offline franchise players are the ones making a trade-off here. So, depending on how one plays, the game might not be to the level of function it was in 12. From that standpoint, one could argue (admittedly from a singular point-of-view) that the mode isn't ready.

Really, all of this is subjective. I completely disagree with EA's sense of priorities in creating the base for this mode and will not purchase 13, but whether or not it's "ready" (in terms of its inclusion this year) should be determined by functionality. That is something none of us can judge at this point.
I hope you aren't trying to pit offline vs online crowd. I'm an offline player myself, but I never used the features that will be missing.

I support those features making a comeback.

I played the heck out of HC09 and I can't wait for CC mode.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #37
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I hope you aren't trying to pit offline vs online crowd. I'm an offline player myself, but I never used the features that will be missing.

I support those features making a comeback.

I played the heck out of HC09 and I can't wait for CC mode.
Good lord, Roadman...lol (said with amusement, not hostility )

I responded to a post that asked how CCM was not "ready." I said that, at this point (given that we haven't played it) that's entirely a matter of perspective. That depending on how one plays (i.e. if you didn't play with those features, that should clearly not apply to you) the mode would have less function than it did and 12 and could be (again from the perspective of one who valued those features highly-one that I even said was a singular point-of-view) viewed as not "ready."

I said nothing about offline versus online other than it's offline players who are making a trade-off in 13. That was a factual statement, but at no point did I make a subjective value judgement on it. I did not say the trade-off was good, bad, fair, unfair, etc. In fact, I mentioned the subjectivity of this topic a couple times in that post as well as (again) stating that a negative view would be from a specific perspective.

Further, it was only brought up in response to a post including commentary about previous online experience (and that perspective). Again, the point was about the difference in perspective, as I took jpdavis82's post to be, which is why I responded to his question. There wasn't anything confrontational about that exchange.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Good lord, Roadman...lol (said with amusement, not hostility )

I responded to a post that asked how CCM was not "ready." I said that, at this point (given that we haven't played it) that's entirely a matter of perspective. That depending on how one plays (i.e. if you didn't play with those features, that should clearly not apply to you) the mode would have less function than it did and 12 and could be (again from the perspective of one who valued those features highly-one that I even said was a singular point-of-view) viewed as not "ready."

I said nothing about offline versus online other than it's offline players who are making a trade-off in 13. That was a factual statement, but at no point did I make a subjective value judgement on it. I did not say the trade-off was good, bad, fair, unfair, etc. In fact, I mentioned the subjectivity of this topic a couple times in that post as well as (again) stating that a negative view would be from a specific perspective.

Further, it was only brought up in response to a post including commentary about previous online experience (and that perspective). Again, the point was about the difference in perspective, as I took jpdavis82's post to be, which is why I responded to his question. There wasn't anything confrontational about that exchange.
Gotcha, I just read up to the second sentence and then cut you off. lol I didn't think you would go out on a limb and say something like that, should have read a bit further.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:27 PM   #39
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I think this is a completely reasonable response to why importing is not in this year.
I disagree, to me it show that they rushed a back of the box feature in the game. They shouldn't have included connected careers until they could make it work with all the features they had in previously. Connected Careers was rushed in as a feature to promote, but it is not 100% operational, hell its barely 75% operational.
Old 06-25-2012, 09:44 PM   #40
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Gotcha, I just read up to the second sentence and then cut you off. lol I didn't think you would go out on a limb and say something like that, should have read a bit further.
It's fine. That time of year, I guess...lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »