Home

how often/soon can we switch Coaches/Players in cc

This is a discussion on how often/soon can we switch Coaches/Players in cc within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
how often/soon can we switch Coaches/Players in cc

just like the title says,,, so can i say start with the vikings but after 3 weeks if i dont like them retire coches to another team?

i know it seems cheap but this could be a way to get around roster updates where if a BIG trade happens you could switch coaches to make the trade happen and keep you cc updated without starting over

and i also just thought about this..could you create a player/coach for a team....and switch to a different/coach player on another team or do you have to retire that player/coach from the league before you switch and if so are they ever able to go to other teams

Last edited by nelia1186; 07-19-2012 at 07:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 36
Re: how often/soon can we switch Coaches/Players in cc

The last time I played (June), you could switch every week if you wanted.

About your idea though, if the player is created (or a legend) it is literally removed from the game when you retire. Only existing NFL players or coaches will remain in the league after you stop controlling them.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Something to piggyback off this... Say I'm a kicker and I'm the only one on the roster can I still retire and will the cpu sign another kicker in my absence?

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 PM   #4
Banned

You can't be a kicker in CCM.
Old 07-20-2012, 12:01 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1D4ever
You can't be a kicker in CCM.
Can we break roster minimums when we "retire?" Instead of a kicker what if we are the only Fullback or we retire to give our team 3 recievers instead of the roster minimum 4? Would we see a screen that says "Unable to retire due to roster minimums?"

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2012, 12:55 AM   #6
Rookie

So i can start as luck trade him to bills then to a.peterson and to bills then take over bills and have those two players on bills
or could i just start as th e teams to trade the players to make sure they dont rcetire just the the coach
Old 07-20-2012, 01:03 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelia2986
So i can start as luck trade him to bills then to a.peterson and to bills then take over bills and have those two players on bills
or could i just start as th e teams to trade the players to make sure they dont rcetire just the the coach
I can't see why not, but you wouldn't have to control the player..You'd just start as the Colts coach, then Vikings coach, than Bills coach. I don't think the Vikings or Colts would appreciate the cap hit, but it's feasible. I didn't attempt this personally though.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZoneD25
I can't see why not, but you wouldn't have to control the player..You'd just start as the Colts coach, then Vikings coach, than Bills coach. I don't think the Vikings or Colts would appreciate the cap hit, but it's feasible. I didn't attempt this personally though.
Ok my question is when do games start simulating? If I was the jets and traded sanchez to lets's say oak and I then change coaches so I can be raiders when would the jets game simulate?
I'm a bears fan but i'm also a 32 team control fanatic, So i'm trying to figure out how to switch coaches in my cc and make the right trades...such as the trade deadline, without simulating my bears game. I'm just trying to find loopholes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »