Home

how many of u...

This is a discussion on how many of u... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 05:41 PM   #17
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: how many of u...

I don't care about not being able to edit players and stuff like that, I didn't mess with that anyways. I don't care what they wear on the field, I don't care if someone is not rated high enough or whatever. I just want to play my franchise. If someone was not good enough, then I enjoyed trying to find someone else for that spot. I don't want to change their attributes at all, I understand why people would and that's fine. The thing that is bothering me is that I am reading there will be no cpu vs cpu play in franchise mode, and that's what I like. So if that is not there, I'm not buying.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:56 PM   #18
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I give every game a fair chance. It could definitely be better than 12 but it could also be disappointing. With my sliders my m12 gameplay is actually decent and I'm very very deep in my m12 franchise because I can edit players so a qb doesn't have 50 Short accuracy and 90 medium accuracy. So that i can lower some overalls if there are 50 RB's rated 80 or above. So that if my 1st rd qb with A potential is not progressing at all I can edit him to where he should be based on real players as well as his performance. So that i can edit the original rosters because EA does a poor job on ratings.

I would love ea to just get it right so I won't have to edit anything but even if they did a good job there would always be some difference of opinion so it's nice to have editing. With M13 I don't expect the most realistic experience but I think with this overhaul it will be a fun game. That's what it's all about, having fun. Some people have fun with online matches, some with online franchise, some people like a challenge, some don't. Whatever it is it's nice to have options. I see myself playing both 12 and 13. I Just hope 14 brings all the control back.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
it seems like madden is rolling the dice hard this year. it almost has to be a cant miss with the ability to change so much gone.
This is the crux of the whole thing, IMO. I have no issue with what they took away if what they've implemented works correctly. But that's the rub...historically, EA's track record of QA with Madden this gen, particularly Franchise mode, has been atrocious. The options we had gave us some means to work around them manually.

So my concern is, can they deliver on CC without having to patch something 3 months later or fixing it next year? Either way, I'm waiting until this in known before I buy.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 PM   #20
Rookie

prime21time37's Arena

OVR: 5

i agree. if they bone this up it could be backlash of historic value. with all of complaining going on when we could change some of it, imagine when we have no control over luck being traded or that offensive lineman with that kicker facemask. they almost have to be perfect in there cpu controlled ai. any crazy move by the cpu and this could be damaging to them. and with all of the different opinions in styles it should be hard to please most. im usually understanding and i believe anyone can go for right price, so i hope if u pull off a luck, rodgers, rgiii etc... trade, then u have to give it all up to do it. and i hope i dont see them in FA after 2 years. im strictly an offline franchise guy, so im stressing a little about my upcoming experience. please madden team, dont let me down. like i said, i can handle some stuff, i feel for the people who have edit ocd that will suffer. that being said, i am looking forward to jumping in with both feet.
Old 07-29-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

People catch a lot of feelings over madden smh
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 11:21 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Most of the things they removed are things I let go of a long time ago. When I start a dynasty it becomes its own universe, so I don't worry about editing or anything like that. And I stopped importing rookies from NCAA a few years ago. I can certainly see why people are upset those things have been removed though.

But for me, if the gameplay is good, then I'm good.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I never imported rookies from NCAA. I did minor player edits if any. So for me....not a big deal. I did 32 team control on Madden 12 because I had to, as to keep things somewhat realistic due to poor GM AI.

So Tiburon has had this years CCM in development for 2 years. Josh Looman developed a great franchise mode on HC09 so I am feeling really optimistic that Madden 13 will have it's deepest franchise mode since last gens Maddens.

As long as the gameplay is improved and CCM is deep and immersive I will be very happy.

If the gameplay though is the same as 11 and 12......I will not be too happy. But based on the great time I am having with NCAA 13 and the new passing system I have a lot of confidence I will really like Madden 13 and the new engine to make tackling much improved. Those are the two aspects that really made be turn on Madden 12 (and shut it down for good) after 4 straight months of hardcore playing time.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-30-2012, 12:44 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor & Sword
Josh Looman developed a great franchise mode on HC09 so I am feeling really optimistic that Madden 13 will have it's deepest franchise mode since last gens Maddens.
Deeper, perhaps, but the question is will it work properly?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »