Home

how many of u...

This is a discussion on how many of u... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-29-2012, 03:18 AM   #9
Rookie

lilgame06's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: how many of u...

all these removed features don't really bother me much either. Probably the one I am going to miss the most would be fantasy drafts. I definitely loved doing fantasy drafts with my friends. But with the way online franchise/CCM works now, I think I can live with out fantasy drafts for a year.

Other than that, I am slightly disappointed that we can't edit players in CCM, only because I know some of the rookies that we'll draft are gonna look horrid. I remember drafting a Linebacker in an online franchise last year who didnt wear any elbow pads, knee pads, sleeves, sweatbands, or anything else...he was basically naked...lol. It bothered me so much that I traded him, haha. So it definitely would have been nice to have the option to change those kind of features on players. But again...I think i can live without it, given the vast improvement that online franchise has made now.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:41 AM   #10
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDayMan56
I never really edited much, I usually only added myself as LOLB or DE in the Cowboys starting D, and I've always just played as 1 team only during franchise mode, never did care what the cpu did.

Btw I'm still a little confused on the 'Connected Career' mode (I missed Madden12 due to being deployed). I could care less about online play, can I still play an offline franchise by myself in M13? That's all I care about.

Sent from my DROID4
Yes, you can play a franchise by yourself in M13.
Old 07-29-2012, 07:54 AM   #11
Banned

Aggies67's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm a year behind on Madden. Just this week, I got Madden 12 from Best Buy for $10. I love it. It's the best football game since NFL 2K5, as far as I'm concerned.

I like being a year behind - it saves me beau coup. Next year, I'm in a pickle, because I won't be buying Madden 13 for Xbox 360. So, I guess next July, I'll be buying Madden 13 on Wii or Wii U.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 08:20 AM   #12
Rookie

edjames01's Arena

Forgive? Madden is a video game, right?

If the game is good, ill play it a lot. If it is anything like 11 or 12, it will definitely be traded in.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

I read comments about how some features never work properly but when madden doesn't put these features in for THIS year in order to make sure they work properly people lose their minds. If this is a deal breaker then just wait until M14. I'm sure they didn't intentially leave these features out knowing how much people used them.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:44 PM   #14
Banned

StrawHat Patriot's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by agreene7
I read comments about how some features never work properly but when madden doesn't put these features in for THIS year in order to make sure they work properly people lose their minds. If this is a deal breaker then just wait until M14. I'm sure they didn't intentially leave these features out knowing how much people used them.
easiah said then dun.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:06 PM   #15
Rookie

I can't stand that the game is so "generic". It's like controlling a bunch of robots to a line, running a 3 second play, only to do it all over agian a few seconds later. If most of us think Madden 13 is the way football looks and should be played, then there is definitely no hope for football video games moving forward. I want a more dynamic feel. I want to feel the stiff arm I give a defender like in Madden '04. I want different juke moves that aloows me to juke a defender 1 on 1 or lets me slide through a whole in the line. I want to break a tackle for a big play, not break a tackle just to be thrown into a tackle annimation. I want to "FEEL" like it's a football game. Sorry if I offend anybody by saying this but I almost turn into a brain dead zombie playing this generation of Maddens'. I just sit there running play after play with these robotic players that look almost the same as I look when I'm playing the game. Clueless. I dont know what would help me enjoy Madden like I used too. I want to have the same passion for it like I used to have so bad. Just can't get into it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2012, 05:30 PM   #16
Rookie

Gaycandybacon's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamHawkins
If you can't see after watching much of the videos that there isn't much changed in the gameplay then there will never be anything done to get you to see. The key word in the OP is *IF* and that's a huge if. Concerning EA's history there is no such thing as IF, aside from there is a such thing as *when*. When it's released and we see no significant changes.

Example; EA supposedly changed and upgraded their engine a few years back that would allow for better gang tackles. Turns out this was a huge lie. Gang tackles are pretty non-existent as tacklers still fall off like they've been shot in the face.

So how can you change the gaming engine with something new, yet the same animations from before are still there? I should not see this while watching the videos. And I see the same game. So removing or dumming the game down more is only another gimmick to boost sales, while saying they've significant'y upgraded their engine.

Remember, and never forget this again: "EA IS THE KING OF ADVERTISING" in the video gaming Industry.
Its not EA's fault for making the game the way it is, it's the madden devolepers.. EA has many different styles of games, I don't like when people say its "EA" 's fault.. cause that's completely false.

On another note, who the F doesn't want to advertise their game? If they didn't say those things to get people to buy their games, they wouldn't make any money.. There would be no point if they didn't advertise their games. Working with NFL Network, ESPN, and a bunch of other sponsers..

This is the typical madden *****, you guys say the same things every year it's getting comical. "The game hasn't changed" "It looks the same" "EA Sucks, it's their fault"

Just stop it. It's either you like the game or not, don't come on a website and bash it and the company that makes it.

In my opinion the game has improved, the new engine they put in this year really made game something to look forward to. It's the first year they introduced this engine, so it will have its share of bugs. But its a great engine and they can really build on it and perfect it.

Gamertag: Gaycandybacon Add me :D

Twitter: @Gaycandybacon

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »