Home

Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Fastest Quarterback

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Fastest Quarterback within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2012, 11:59 AM   #65
Pro

PRAY IV M3RCY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Vote For the Fastest Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's Madden, with all its accompanying baggage, so I guess the mild outrage about the fan input is inevitable, but it's really much ado about nothing. Dewiel has already laid it out there. Donny, using whatever methodology he does, has already decided that all these guys are, lets say, 95 Spd. So EA lets the fans choose, and it ends up being 96, 95, 94.

There has been no real change to what they were going to give these players anyway. The fans aren't getting to choose the actual numbers or which players are in the voting, just getting to most likely cause an change of +1 or -1 to a few guys in a few different categories. The whole thing is quite innocuous..

If one wants to question their methodology for getting to that starting number for the three individuals they put in the poll, well that's a totally different argument altogether.
However what about in Chris Johnson's case. He is the fastest player in the league. There may be a small debate about it, but he is clearly the fastest running back in the league. So in my opinion it would be an insult to have his speed rating lowered because fans voting for the player they liked more. I mean shoudnt the voting for the cover of Madden be proof in itself. Sure this year they got it right with putting Calvin Johnson on there, however last year Peyton Hillis won because he had alot of supporters, yet he wasnt even one of the top 10 backs in the league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 01:07 PM   #66
Rookie

420 others's Arena

OVR: 2

Vick 97 RGIII 94 Pryor 92 Newton 90. Based on in game speed. And if anyone disagrees with Newton's rating, watch this.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:30 PM   #67
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
It's IMPOSSIBLE to have a universal formula. It's ALL subjective either way. EVERY player is different. How someone performs on a bench press is different than how they perform versus another person on the field.... Same with speed. Ratings will never be 100% completely accurate, all you can do is use resources that are available and give an educated guess.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
I believe you are misunderstanding what I mean by "universal formula". I am referring to an agreed on scientific method using real life verifiable player data to calculate a numeric rating for ALL players. So if 40 time is the chosen data and there is a method agreed on to convert 40 times into a speed rating, that method is used to calculate ALL players speed ratings, regardless of position. So if an OL and a CB both ran a 4.34 40, then they both have the same speed rating.

Also, I don't understand why people seem to repeatedly keep bringing up perfection, making them the only one talking about that. I have not stated anything about a universal formula(s) making ratings "100% completely accurate" because again, there is no such thing when replicating the real world in a video game. What I have stated repeatedly is that using real life verifiable data in a scientific universal format will add balance and the ratings themselves would no longer be subjective but objective.
Old 07-31-2012, 01:38 PM   #68
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

I tried to stay away...I really did...but with this being basically the only place voicing your opinion is even read (other sites are ghost towns), dealing with annoyances and illogical mockery will just have to be worth it.

That said, this is the biggest contradiction yet. EA realizes apparently that player editing of ratings to our liking was not in fact a "little thing," as once considered. This however does not make up for it. Asking random, just anyone (which they should know will include biased and uneducated, casual fans of football) to decide on ratings is a flat out joke.

This absolutely proves two things:

1. Again...User Control for player customization (obviously including ratings) has gotten through to the big cheeses at EA, as it is not a "little thing."

2. There's not going to be a patch/fix for full player editing in Madden 13, or else this whole voting fiasco wouldn't have become an option (because, face it...it does very much seem like trying to smooth over the fact we get no control).

EA screwed up, they know it, they've made their bed and they apparently can't lay in it.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #69
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 13 - Vote For the Fastest Quarterback

no brainier..Vick is the fastest.
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 21

don't really care...as long as they keep Colin Kaepernick's speed the same at 85... it is already low, but I just don't want them lowering it just because he didn't play last year.

although Kaep ran a 4.5 in the 40...he looks every bit as fast as those other guys on the field.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:06 PM   #71
Rookie

So Cal's Arena

OVR: 8
IMO I dont think you can judge RG3 and Pryors game speed until you see it on actual film on in a live game. There are many guys no matter what position that just dont get the speed rating they deserve based on 40 times being different from game speeds. I hold my vote till I see them. When you here how fast RG3 is, but you start hearing Vick is in some of the best shape he has ever been in and even if he lost a step it isnt by much. Pryor is an auto 3rd just by depth chart placement. So unless the three of them are going to meet up for EA and run a 40 yard dash it will stay up for debate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2012, 11:14 PM   #72
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

RG3, Vick is a little slower I feel but more elusive

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »