Home

Why can't you play any player out of position on Madden?

This is a discussion on Why can't you play any player out of position on Madden? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #41
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Why can't you play any player out of position on Madden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Multi
Obviously you never touched the 'Substitutions' menu, because you could go in there and sub any player into any position for any package. You could have Peyton Manning return punts if you wanted to.

If I was using the Pats I'd always chuck Vrabel at TE2 in heavy packages. It worked great.

It was never listed as a feature - there was no focus on it at all, but it was there, and it worked how you'd expect it to work.
As far as I know, the formation subs in current-gen Madden have been restrictive. I tried to line up Bills punter Brian Moorman as wildcat QB in Madden 11 because of his amazing athleticism on fake punts. No dice. Tried the same with Brad Smith (as a QB) and couldn't do it unless I edited his position to either halfback or wideout.

The game's formation subs don't allow you total freedom for positional changes. I've tried. You can't move defensive players like Raji or Sopoaga to the offensive side of the ball in one formation. It'll be interesting if the game shipped with a "Hogs Team" package in the Goal Line set, but as of right now, you don't have total freedom in that area. I even wanted to adjust my kickoff team in Madden 12 (since a few starters always seem to be on it) and couldn't. Freedom is very limited in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 08:47 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

True. I was playing MUT one time, and I had only 1 LG in. He eventually got injured about half way through the game, and I was actually stuck with a KICKER playing LG! Wanna know whats ironic? The K did just as good a job as the LG...

Madden Ratings are 100% irrelevant and useless. All this game is speed, so stack up!
Old 08-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #43
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46
Don't get the UFC comparison.

Being that UFC 3 had Pride, what's not to say UFC 4 (hypothetically) wouldn't include UFC fighters from the early years where there were mainly open weight tourneys? They would have to tweak the system in order for Royce Gracie to realistically take on Dan Severn..
Old 08-09-2012, 10:43 AM   #44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by prime21time37
i agree. as long as the risk/reward is represented then it should be aloud. i rarely do anything like this but for MY 60 dollars if i wanna have brian orakpo line up in the backfield or line up for a 50 yd fg, then so be it
I love replies like this.

You are paying for the game EA puts out on the shelves. If you pay your 60 dollars knowing full well you can not put a DT at QB, you have accepted that and paid anyway. EA does not custom make the game for each individual consumer. Your 60 dollars is not worth more or less than someone elses 60 dollars. Every persons 60 dollars buys the same game and it's the game EA put out there, not a customised game made especially for you.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #45
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWWROCKS
I love replies like this.

You are paying for the game EA puts out on the shelves. If you pay your 60 dollars knowing full well you can not put a DT at QB, you have accepted that and paid anyway. EA does not custom make the game for each individual consumer. Your 60 dollars is not worth more or less than someone elses 60 dollars. Every persons 60 dollars buys the same game and it's the game EA put out there, not a customised game made especially for you.
To his defense, however, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gripes about Madden has been that it has felt more like a roster update rather than a game that has progressed. Instead, it has regressed since last gen.

So, for $60+tax, it would be nice to get a game this year that at least feels different, and hopefully, unlike years past, they'll leave the gimmicks at home for '14 and give us the basic stuff we want that most sports games, and even Madden, has had (roster edits, NCAA imported rosters, good AI/draft/trade logic, etc.).

I don't think it's so much about his $60, but what we usually tend to get for the price. I'm not much of an NFL2K fan, but if we got more basic, fan favorite features in a $20, 7 year old last gen game than a brand new one... well, I guess we've been playing next-gen Madden. lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #46
Rookie

I know I'd like this to be featured until I played some clown online that mastered how to cheese. Throw in all back up olineman at WR and have their fastest player at QB.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
Old 08-09-2012, 12:24 PM   #47
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuckaRepellent
I know I'd like this to be featured until I played some clown online that mastered how to cheese. Throw in all back up olineman at WR and have their fastest player at QB.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide
The least they could do is include it for us offline franchise fans. I don't have to worry about cheese because I am lactose intolerant and rarely play online. If I wanted to convert Brad Smith to a QB in my franchise, what's the beef? It makes no sense...

There really isn't an excuse for those of us who play offline on our own. Unfortunately, we are probably a dying demographic given franchise mode has plummeted in playability since last-gen.

I'm a pretty loyal Madden fan, but EA needs competition.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #48
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunPunk
To his defense, however, one of the biggest, if not the biggest, gripes about Madden has been that it has felt more like a roster update rather than a game that has progressed. Instead, it has regressed since last gen.

So, for $60+tax, it would be nice to get a game this year that at least feels different, and hopefully, unlike years past, they'll leave the gimmicks at home for '14 and give us the basic stuff we want that most sports games, and even Madden, has had (roster edits, NCAA imported rosters, good AI/draft/trade logic, etc.).

I don't think it's so much about his $60, but what we usually tend to get for the price. I'm not much of an NFL2K fan, but if we got more basic, fan favorite features in a $20, 7 year old last gen game than a brand new one... well, I guess we've been playing next-gen Madden. lol
I get the thought process and while they have taken things away they've also added alot. I dont play online but I see ALOT of online guys asking for what offline has. Salary caps etc. and they got that now. Superstar was horrid. But now playing as a single player should feel the same as playing a franchise now. It's definately not a roster update. It's an upgrade on two game modes. A few features have lost out because of it but overall it is an addition.

Most of all I think it's a basis for the future. If this is done right, and continued to be developed in a positive way it has potential to be a fantastic mode for years to come.

I think you just gotta not compare to previous year. It's a new game. It's not a madden 12 update, so I think you just gotta take it for what it is and hope they implement things like editing in next year. Not buying Madden isn't gonna make EA rush in to adding it for release

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »