Home

Broken Controllers

This is a discussion on Broken Controllers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2012, 03:04 PM   #25
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Broken Controllers

Quote:
Originally Posted by caballero
wth is an ottoman?
It's my pet name for my fiancee.

Spoiler

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2012, 03:11 PM   #26
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

No broken controllers but I have broken a mic and shattered a case after I lost a game due to three (3) of those Madden 10 ProTAK animations where they break 17 tackles and then run for a TD... In one game.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #27
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

My controllers only break through wear and tear. The rubber on my stick (no pun intended) always breaks and comes off unless I apply super glue to it.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:22 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Never because number one I'm not a psycho. Number two I pay for my things and I'm not gonna ruin the things I buy lol.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #29
Pro

goledensilence's Arena

Never broke a controller, but my hit stick is kind of loose on my black controller which is why i play all sports games on with the blue one. I dont believe in regular tackles. I have bounties out on every play.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #30
Rookie

Manny_B214's Arena

OVR: 5

5 controllers varying from PS2 PS3 most recentely 360 and 1 broken tv and atleast 2 holes in the wall and yes my friend i have anger issues

EDIT: make it 6 last night ncaa 13 decides to freeze after i make a comeback against OSU in my dynasty mode so yep gamestop here i come!
68Rec 948Yrds 11TD
95Rush 674Yrds 8TD
489Pass Yds 8TD 11INT

Senior Stats:
Curently Playing AAU Ball For The Dallas Longhorn Elie
PPG:14.2
RPG:7.6
APG:4.9
SPG:1.2
BLK:3.2

Last edited by Manny_B214; 08-09-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:54 PM   #31
Pro

brobamigo's Arena

i have a cd player remote control that i use exclusively for throwing...i get pissed off, i spike it into the ground into about 10 pieces..put it back together, sit it down for the next time i need it...cant drop 50 bucks on a controller all the time
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2012, 12:01 AM   #32
Rookie

I lost count years ago. I have issues. Multiple issues. Yes, its stupid in the highest degree and yes, its massively foolish to lose it on a video game ever - but I have come to terms with this years and years ago...I get mad and I refuse to pretend to be OK with it. I prefer to howl at the moon, blow off the steam, forget it and move on. But I can be volcanic at the time it happens for sure...

I have flung them into the wall, shattered them into a million pieces on a concrete floor (before the basement was finished and the man cave was built). In college, I threw one through a screen and into the yard - out the front windows, took another one that was already partially broken and hit it with a baseball bat and after that set the remaining pieces on the ground and hit them with an old 3-wood (actually had a wood head on it); flushed one in the toilet (360 controller with the mic still attached...still can't believe I did that because it broke, but I still had to fish the thing out of the can...luckily I had calmed down enough to NOT follow through with the original plan, which was to take a dump on the controller IN the can), took another one outside and hurled it to my neighbor's dog (the stupid mutt brought it back like we were playing fetch)...In High School and then later, I ran one over with my car, threw another into the street and a third into traffic across from my first apartment (that was a Sega Genesis controller I think...).

I smacked my brother in the back of the head with one of the old Nintendo NES controllers hard enough to make one of the red buttons pop out - but that was Tecmo Bowl; and he earned it by not shutting up about Bo Jackson and Christian Okoye..."Nigerian Nightma...owwww, dude WTF?!?! (rubbing head)"...smack talk is called "smack talk" for a damn reason! My brother learned the reason that day...

I have also poured an entire beer into a PS2 (shorted that son of a bitch out like a sparkler) - trouble was it was not mine but a friend's who likewise would not shut up about winning 3 in a row one night and using Vick to clown my entire CPU defense after I would get caught switching defenders...so he ended up with my PS2 and I got myself a new one that time.

Recently I have gotten tired of replacing them so instead of hurting the controllers I spew nasty language that would make the saltiest longshoreman blush. I try to string together as many free-flowing profanities as I can before I run out of breath...sadly, that doesn't usually get past 8 - 10 before I run out of breath...it ain't the years so much, its the mileage...

Its good to have a man cave that is sound proofed for audio...keeps my wife and kids safely away from profane outbursts that you would have to hear to believe and even then you'd probably ask yourself "did he REALLY just say THAT?"...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »