Home

Injured Reserved Players...

This is a discussion on Injured Reserved Players... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2012, 11:36 PM   #1
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Injured Reserved Players...

So has anything been said about playing IR players online? I get tired of this, Panthers players used Beason all last year despite the fact that he was unable to perform a majority of last season due to injury.

I can see it now, Eagles players starting Jason Peters at LT all year long despite the fact he's on IR. Saints players starting Vilma despite the fact he's suspended for the entire season...

To be clear I don't mind players being available that are only out a handful of weeks/days but the entire year? They should be grayed out and inaccessible in online ranked matches.

Last edited by Find_the_Door; 08-06-2012 at 11:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 03:18 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
I say this make the players available, but lower their ratings tremendously.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 08-07-2012, 03:43 AM   #3
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Injured Reserved Players...

I played without Romo the minute he went down, used Kitna and won a majority of my games. When Kitna went down I used McGee and did the same.
Old 08-07-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
I played without Romo the minute he went down, used Kitna and won a majority of my games. When Kitna went down I used McGee and did the same.
I usually used whatever rosters ea put out. Winning with backups makes victory so much sweeter.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i agree with u shouldnt be able to use them heck i used wallace when mccoy was out and he wasent even on the IR and still won games i never could figure why EA never made the player not able to play with i mean if hes out in real life he should be out just long in game. after all the games suppose mirror the real nfl so if a player goes down the back ups have to play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 AM   #6
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
i agree with u shouldnt be able to use them heck i used wallace when mccoy was out and he wasent even on the IR and still won games i never could figure why EA never made the player not able to play with i mean if hes out in real life he should be out just long in game. after all the games suppose mirror the real nfl so if a player goes down the back ups have to play.
Especially with weekly roster updates.

Old 08-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
I am Batmoose

MooseBoyJ's Arena

OVR: 6

I agree with the idea. It would never fly though, the fans would cause an uproar. Some people can't use backups. I call them noobs. I had to use Curtis Painter then Collins when Painter was out. Talk about a pain.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
MVP

Chiefsfan881129's Arena

OVR: 13
Well I agree EA should remove the ability to use players placed on ir or players who are suspended the while year but allow players who are out a few weeks to still be accessible otherwise lower the ratings because I been abused by cheesers online who use injured players I remember the year all the bandwagon packer fans appears,online when joemichael Finley was injured people abused this because Finley was injured you can't use defensive assignment on him and all the cheesers did was throw to him no matter what cuz it's like a glitch where all of a sudden he open every play and the defense acts as if he is invisable I've even tried manually covering them so people.need to learn.to win with backups because if you can.win with backups then your a vary good player I hope ea fixes this so glitchers and weak cheeses can't abuse this it happened alot in Madden 12 as well please remove otherwise make a fix to combat the abusers go chiefs!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Kansas #1 KC ChiefsFan!
Kansas #1 KU Basketball Fan!
Kansas #1 Boston Redsox Fan!
Kansas #1 K-State Football Fan!
Kansas #1 OKC Thunder Fan!

Home Of Madden Cover Barry Sanders! Go Chiefs!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »