Home

What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers

This is a discussion on What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
All Star

Lieutenant Dan's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What to do? What to do? A question for Offline Gamers

I always turn pre-existing injuries off.

I usually start up a 'preliminary' career with the OOTB rosters and play that through the preseason (or what's left of it).

Often I'll wait until week 3 or 4 to get more 'settled', accurate rosters too.

Plus this gives me extra time to hone the game and getting around in career mode before starting my career for real.

OS Dibs: Anna Kendrick

Elite Dangerous on One X has become my life.

Proud PS5 and Xbox Series X Owner
"Best of Both Worlds"

Last edited by Lieutenant Dan; 08-12-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:53 PM   #10
MVP

berad88's Arena

OVR: 10

I start my franchises with everybody in the league healthy. I like to see how things compare to real life but I don't try to mirror real life with my franchise.

To add to that its not really fair to start a franchise up with guys injured because they got injured in preseason games in real life when they are going to have to play those preseason games in the game and additional players will get injured in those preseason games. I hope that is not confusing.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #11
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

i'll wait for the week 1 roster update and set pre-existing injuries to off....i like every team to be full-strength at the start and let things work themselves out
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2012, 07:24 PM   #12
MVP

jmurphy31's Arena

OVR: 21

I usually play with preexisting injuries off. For me my madden franchise is my own franchise. I mean I like to have updated rosters but once my franchise starts it becomes its own. Even on my own team, I don't change my rosters if someone gets hurt in real life during the season.
Old 08-11-2012, 01:20 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Great comments guys, Thats why I like this site. But...turning the pre existing injuries off will only affect the players that have been put on IR and are legit out for the season. Im ok with those injuries. It wont change the depth chart because those players are not "injured" in the computers eyes. If Tom Brady gets hurt next week and is out for 6 weeks, the week 1 update will reflect his injury by putting him at least 3rd on the depth chart. So unless the computer will reorder the chart before ccm season starts, Brady wuld stay 3rd all season because the comp just sees him as 3rd string, not injured. So if the computer does not reorder the depth chart, a week one update will have dozens of 3 or 4 or 5 week injuries treated as season ending.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:07 AM   #14
Rookie

muleyman's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I'm 95% sure that the way you prefer playing offline will best be achieved by playing a made up season of your own scheduling in Play Now Mode. It currently seems most likely to be able to do all of the editing and positional changing you like.
I love the enthusiasm ,but if that is the best we get, then I'll wait til I can buy it used on some sites or not at all, the problem is work arounds to me atleast do not warrant 65 dollars... just my opinion to each his own.
Old 08-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
I'm 95% sure that the way you prefer playing offline will best be achieved by playing a made up season of your own scheduling in Play Now Mode. It currently seems most likely to be able to do all of the editing and positional changing you like.
Im all for CC. Im loving the way its set up now. Taking away editing sucks, but I like that the temptation is gone now. I was spending more time editing than playing the game. I was just bringing up a question that I thought was interesting concerning the roster and how depth chart move "injuries" would effect the game and users.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #16
Rookie

AlmostLikeFlacco's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
i'll wait for the week 1 roster update and set pre-existing injuries to off....i like every team to be full-strength at the start and let things work themselves out
This is most likely what I'll do.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »