Home

Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #57
Rookie

StreetCarp's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Wide Receivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I do not like the Welker rating. Way to high for "the best slot receiver in the game". He to me is a system WR. Never was this productive or highly rated til he got to NE and hooked up with Brady. His rating is one where I miss the HC rating system. But that's just me. Calvin Johnson is probably the only rating I've seen thus far that I have no issue with.
He was actually pretty good in Miami.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:08 PM   #58
Banned

MaddenSaints's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by highzman28
I don't write much on here, but you two dudes above who think Cruz is better then Nicks must be lacking football IQ lol...the only reason Cruz was able to have a breakout season was because he lined up at the 3rd receiver position AKA the slot or at times #2...Because of Nicks ability the best corner on the other team always faced him and the man also drew a lot of double teams. Its the same reason Steve Smith former Giant was able to become a Pro Bowler playing opposite Nicks. All I'm saying is don't let stats fool you.
Never mind you not coming on here a lot, you sound like you do not watch football a lot. Cruz is better than Nicks.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 PM   #59
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm interested in seeing where Greg Jennins and Marques Colston are rated
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #60
Banned

OVR: 0
A.J. Green, Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Marques Colston & Vincent Jackson are all easily better than Hakeem Nicks.

Debateable ones are Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:15 PM   #61
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Never mind you not coming on here a lot, you sound like you do not watch football a lot. Cruz is better than Nicks.
I'm as big a GIants fans as you will find, breaking down film and seeing every play from preseason onward.

Nicks is better than Cruz, though it's an embarrassment of riches either way.

What makes Cruz look better is he is more flashy - he's got that salsa style. Cruz is smooth and can do everything you want from a WR on the football field: make big plays, run every route, block, run after the catch, you name it.

In the playoffs, teams focused on neutralizing Cruz and Nicks made them remember why they used to focus on him first. He had 28 receptions for 444 yards and 4 TD's.

Cruz may pass by Nicks at some point, but Nicks is still the #1 on the Giants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #62
Rookie

Rostee F's Arena

OVR: 11
Oh man! They really should rebuild their ratings!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:17 PM   #63
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13
I watch the Giants religiously, and I can tell you without a doubt that Hakeem Nicks is better than Victor Cruz. Nicks can literally do it all, and he does it superbly. Not only did he draw the best coverage, but the other team would always put their safety over the top of him--yet with double coverage all the time, he still put up nearly 1200 yards and 7 TDs.

If I had sorted the WRs:

Calvin Johnson
Larry Fitzgerald
Andre Johnson
Rob Gronkowski
Jimmy Graham
Roddy White
Hakeem Nicks
Wes Welker
Steve Smith

Vernon Davis shouldn't even be in the equation...Steve Smith had a revival year simply because Newton threw bombs downfield. He and Welker are one-dimensional players and, as such, can't compare to the other WRs on the list. I don't really like putting the TEs in there, because it bumps Roddy down really low and he's a bonafide elite receiver.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:20 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconsfan21
are you kidding??? this guy was a beast. yeah he missed a few games but he led all rookie wrs in tds and almost had 1000 yards
Name another relevant rookie WR last year?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »