Home

Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2012, 02:11 PM   #81
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
Victor Cruz should be at least a 92 I hope. But the list is good to me as far as elite receivers, Greg Jennings should be in their IMO though, but this is just the beginning. I remember you had to stick with these ratings for the whole year, And I would edit the ratings,but now with dynamic ratings uit can be updated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 02:27 PM   #82
Rookie

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I do not like the Welker rating. Way to high for "the best slot receiver in the game". He to me is a system WR. Never was this productive or highly rated til he got to NE and hooked up with Brady. His rating is one where I miss the HC rating system. But that's just me. Calvin Johnson is probably the only rating I've seen thus far that I have no issue with.
see this is the gray area that the ratings struggle to get right. You have a receiver like Welker who really can't hold a candle to most of the top flight receivers but how do make him a effective playmaker on the game. You jack his rating waaay up. You can't have him do what he does in the slot with 80 speed, 5'8, 80 jump..his ratings would come out horrible.

Is Cruz better than Nicks h@ll no! Anyone who truly understands football knows that. If you had to rate all their attributes side by side Nicks would be superior in every category except speed and salsa dancing.

Now if you ask is Cruz every bit as effective or as much of a playmaker as Nicks than yes he is. That is why ratings should almost be broken down into type of player. I know it would take a lot but quick example

Technicians - Rice, R Wayne, T. Holt, H. Nicks, R. White

Athletic - C. Johnson, R. Moss, J. Jones, A Johnson

Quick - W. Welker, D Jackson, V. Cruz

Each class can have attributes from the other class but their base running, catching, and route running would be based on their class everything else would fall below it. There can be more classes like possession etc but the ratings should be based of how well you do in specific areas not just numbers.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #83
Rookie

dj123456705's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Wide Receivers

Where's Greg Jennings & Brandon Marshall & AJ Green & Reggie Wayne. They are all better then Nicks & White. Both of them should be like a 91

Last edited by dj123456705; 08-13-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:42 PM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
A.J. Green, Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Marques Colston & Vincent Jackson are all easily better than Hakeem Nicks.

Debateable ones are Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon.
In that one comment you lost ALL credibility. AJ was a rookie, he has to do it atleast 2 more years, Bowe maybe bc his size id still take Knicks and im a PATS FAN, Jones another rookie, with Ryan at QB he will never get close in the next 2 years to Knicks and definately not White, Colston is a JOKE right? he basically a young Burress with Brees, Jackson is the only one you get any credit for but hes on a terrible team with a average QB, Jackson is a NO, refuses to get near anyone, Wallace is fast but in the same boat as Jackson but is a little more bulky, Garcon, must be a redskins fanboy or your just have no football IQ
Old 08-13-2012, 02:44 PM   #85
Rookie

THE YAMA's Arena

OVR: 10
Overall, extremely inflated!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2012, 02:52 PM   #86
Rookie

SaintBrees's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikibarber
You have lost your everlasting mind, Nicks is better than all those guys by a good margin. Did you see this guy in the playoffs, didn't he set a playoff record for most receiving yards. You people are selling Nicks short.The guy is a pure beast.
I wouldnt say nicks is better than all those guys by a "good margin". Marques Colston has had 5 1,000 seasons in his first 6 seasons. Not to mention he has had seasons where he has missed 3 or more games and he is stil able to reach 1,000 yards.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:53 PM   #87
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 13 Ratings - Top 10 Receivers/Tight Ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
In that one comment you lost ALL credibility. AJ was a rookie, he has to do it atleast 2 more years, Bowe maybe bc his size id still take Knicks and im a PATS FAN, Jones another rookie, with Ryan at QB he will never get close in the next 2 years to Knicks and definately not White, Colston is a JOKE right? he basically a young Burress with Brees, Jackson is the only one you get any credit for but hes on a terrible team with a average QB, Jackson is a NO, refuses to get near anyone, Wallace is fast but in the same boat as Jackson but is a little more bulky, Garcon, must be a redskins fanboy or your just have no football IQ
Why are you talking about basketball on the Madden forum.. I know the knicks are pretty good but cmon. Learn how to spell the players name before you tell someone they don't know what their talking about.. Irony at its best.
Old 08-13-2012, 02:55 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj123456705
Where's Greg Jennings & Brandon Marshall & AJ Green & Reggie Wayne. They are all better then Nicks & White. Both of them should be like a 91
This must be a JOKE right? Jennings had one of the worst years ive ever seen as a WR, he wasn't there no 1 guy last season, and damn if his stats didn't make Jennings loiok HORRIBLE, Nelson was the no 1 guy last season and already is this season, if anything you should be asking wheres Nelson NOW Jennings Wanye will probably be a 87, Marshall maybe a 93, AJ probably a 86, I would only take Marshall over Nicks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »