Home

I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

This is a discussion on I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 06:36 PM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
What? Its relevant because SCEA puts out a more polished product, so damage control at any juncture isnt usually called for.

I usually agree with you on most things, but EA dropped the ball here.
They (SCEA) has had to patch plenty of things and have not really released much info until patch is submitted. No different than EA. While I agree that they're products are superior, in the sense of this topic, it makes no difference, all these companies PR dept's control the flow of informaton and they all operate as if they're running nuclear secrets instead of creating video games for some reason.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #50
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Didnt Madden Devs give us details on release day patches in the past or am I miss-remembering?

I specifically remember a Madden that had a flaw in the demo and a dev addressed it.

-Juke
they did, although I think we're really talking about the announced Sept. patch which came with zero details.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:37 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 4

Haha. Yeah this is kind of ridiculous. Thankfully, this should be an easy one to patch up. Now I'm SUPER glad I didn't pay $25 to be a beta tester... er... I mean get the game early...lol. I'm fine with scooping it Monday night.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 06:39 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Was 85 taken?

-Juke
Negative......
Old 08-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 4

EA always finds ways to mess up Madden.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:43 PM   #54
Pro

Bull_Market's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
They (SCEA) has had to patch plenty of things and have not really released much info until patch is submitted. No different than EA. While I agree that they're products are superior, in the sense of this topic, it makes no difference, all these companies PR dept's control the flow of informaton and they all operate as if they're running nuclear secrets instead of creating video games for some reason.
Fair enough, EA is such a polarizing company, fairly or unfairly, most feel they need to be more proactive and forthcoming. Something that they are not known for. But youre right, it is an industry issue.
Old 08-25-2012, 06:44 PM   #55
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Originally Posted by mavfan21

With all the play testers, all the Game Changers, all the developers...

HOW DOES THIS STUFF NOT GET NOTICED?? It takes people a couple hours to find problems like this on their own. Sometimes less.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Who's to say it doesn't get noticed? This maybe exactly why there's going to be a patch so quickly in September, because this stuff was noticed during play testing.
Because I just asked a dev on twitter and he said he'd look into it. If he had an idea it was there he'd say, "Yeah, it's being patched".

I really feel like the Game Changers and people like Pasta Padre let us down on this stuff. I know most of us Franchise...I mean CCM, guys check 3-4 things first time we sit down: Progression, Roster moves (what can you do, what does the CPU do, trades/draft), stats, and CPU logic.

Progression is poorly done (as noted in the CCM past year 1 thread), jersey numbers duplicate, the CPU doesn't manage it's depth chart correctly, and draftees pics don't always match the in-game players race and hair style (see pics in "What needs to be patched" thread).

So I ask, how do so many hard core CCM/Franchise players miss stuff that us regular dudes find in a couple hours or less?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 06:46 PM   #56
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21

Because I just asked a dev on twitter and he said he'd look into it. If he had an idea it was there he'd say, "Yeah, it's being patched".
You really believe that's what he'd say, even though they've not released any official patch info?

Are you new to this business?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »