Home

I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

This is a discussion on I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2012, 07:13 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: I have 3 WRs with the #17 on my team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
and then you would have people b****ing that d*** EA is so lazy they didn't even update Franchise any. i think what you said is what they did last year. they didn't really add much to Franchise last year. just cut days, udfas, and full editing. and what happened last year? people complained that nothing got done to Franchise.
I said if they FIXED it, re-read my post please. People have the right to complain when players with 80 overalls are being replaced by guys with 50 overalls and 60 speed in skill positions. So like I said, if that was fixed and the FA system made sense, then it'd be playable again at least.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #66
Pro

moneal2001's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
I said if they FIXED it, re-read my post please. People have the right to complain when players with 80 overalls are being replaced by guys with 50 overalls and 60 speed in skill positions. So like I said, if that was fixed and the FA system made sense, then it'd be playable again at least.
and re-read mine. I never said anything about people complaining about how bad UDFAs were. I said they still complained that that wasn't enough of an improvement and were asking for more. heck people are doing the same thing about gameplay this year. Even with IE, Pass trajectory, RnR, Catch animations, etc... People are still complaining that blocking didn't get fixed too or player movement or some other gameplay issue. EA can't win. either they do something big and people complain that the old was fine, or they only do minor upgrades and people want something big.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #67
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

yes, ea can't win. but they need to fix these issues with ccm, the issues with late game cpu AI. stuff that really must be done. now.

I think people overreact, but there are some game breaking problems here. if you play the cpu and it doesnt kick a field goal to tie the game, what the heck kind of game is this?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:25 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
What sports game company has ever done that pre-release, ever?

Even SCEA doesn't really release any update info until the patch is submitted to Sony.
Having the "full game" in Season Ticket is pre-release? Seems released to me. And yes, we've gotten patch details plenty of times before the patch actually arrived. Especially when we have a date or time table that suggests it had to have been submitted already.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:28 PM   #69

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
and re-read mine. I never said anything about people complaining about how bad UDFAs were. I said they still complained that that wasn't enough of an improvement and were asking for more. heck people are doing the same thing about gameplay this year. Even with IE, Pass trajectory, RnR, Catch animations, etc... People are still complaining that blocking didn't get fixed too or player movement or some other gameplay issue. EA can't win. either they do something big and people complain that the old was fine, or they only do minor upgrades and people want something big.
Can we be done with this stupid back and forth and get back to the discussion at hand of players with the same numbers please?
Old 08-25-2012, 07:29 PM   #70
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:

Of course people are going to complain, that's a part of making a product for the public, so what. But there are certain things that should be tested like duplicate numbers and the UDFA disaster from last year to make the game a lot more playable for those that play Madden for those modes. If the duplicate numbers issue is as bad as the UDFA issue was, it'll be traded in within a month like M12 was. It's not a minor issue, especially when trying to pick a play for the right player to be in position.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 08-25-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:31 PM   #71
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bull_Market
Yeah, EA is taken to task a lot, i agree, its overkill in some cases. Conversely, we as consumers play a role too, this is by no means a ”pass” for EA, but for many of us its been two decades playing this game. We know what we are getting, the same issues today have been here (more or less) for years.
Agreed. It's frustrating though that the same niggling issues that continue to hamper the game take so many iterations of the game to get cleaned up.

Don't even get me started on the lack of in game saves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #72
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bootzilla
Having the "full game" in Season Ticket is pre-release? Seems released to me. And yes, we've gotten patch details plenty of times before the patch actually arrived. Especially when we have a date or time table that suggests it had to have been submitted already.
I read nothing in that release that would indicate it's been submitted. A general time frame such as late Sept. does not indicate at all it's been submitted.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »