Home

HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

This is a discussion on HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #9
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: HUGE man coverage bug (Video proof)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrc2290
I have the retail hard disc version of it and *knock on wood, haven't seen this yet, and ive played about 8 full 10 min quarter games as well as practices

I hope this is a Season Ticket specific problem. I love M13 other than this bug. Please post in this thread if you do notice it on the retail version since this might be a deal breaker for me.

Last edited by boritter; 08-26-2012 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Typical 4:04 AM grammar errors.
Old 08-26-2012, 06:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 6

While I don't have the retail game yet many of my league members do. While we've yet to see the specific issue the OP has shown, there is no difference between season ticket version of M13 and retail M13.

It's kind of like a roster online. If you and you opponent ain't running the same roster you wouldn't be able to play. Same holds true for the game itself. If the season ticket trial version / retail wasn't the same we wouldn't be able to play with each other.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:24 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

This is really, really bad. Was this in CCM? You should post this in the bugs thread too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 08:12 AM   #12
MVP

boritter's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by llcmac
This is really, really bad. Was this in CCM? You should post this in the bugs thread too.
Yes, this is CCM mode.

I have been doing some more testing and I am 99% certain that the computer somehow tells your team to expect a run play. When I manually make the pre-snap expect run adjustment my CBs do the same animation.

In summary, the CPU commandeers control your CBs and makes them aggressively jump the run. If the CPU passes on that play you are screwed. The only work around is to tell your team to play the pass on every down. Obviously, the downside is it's very hard to stop the CPU run game when your whole team is playing the pass.

Due to this horrific bug I will no long purchase M13. If OSers confirm that it is fixed via patch I will then buy the game. If I discovered this in 2 days, how did EA miss it?!? SMFH
Old 08-26-2012, 08:16 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 11

I've never seen that. And ive played a lot of games in CCM and online. I have season ticket.

Are you sure didn't call commit to run before the play?

Last edited by bxgoods; 08-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9

I have had the game a week and haven't seen this. I will keep testing for sure
(Hope it's just a season ticket issue or a random thing)
Old 08-26-2012, 08:23 AM   #15
Chi-Town Hustla

deebo2246's Arena

OVR: 10

I wish I would have video for the bug I had in man coverage. My son had his receiver run a streak and my CB (peanut tillman) ran parallel to the line of scrimmage like he was in coverage! I am getting frustrated by the pass coverage issues, but I am trying to wait it out and play a little more before passing judgment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Ok im seeing something different the CB covering the slot leaves his man maybe hes blitzing not sue what play u called So the outside CB goes to cover the slot to stop a quick pass and your safety does get back deep enough to have over the top coverage to help the outside CB

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »