Home

Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2012, 08:01 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 13 Review (PS3/360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I essentially just posted this in the RateSports review thread but it applies here too.

I think this was a very well done review however, I disagree with your score. I don't understand a 8.5 out of 10 overall rating unless "10" is meant to be the best Madden to date, opposed to the best NFL football video game to date.

On my 10 point scale, the latter would be the pinnacle and Madden 13 doesn't seem that close. Considering how games like The Show and NBA2k are using real time presentation, that alone makes the presentation in M13, seem archaic and drives the overall down.

If I had to give an overall score using my 1-10 scale, at this point I would say M13 is a 7 at best due to graphics driving up the average. I don't see how it could get a rating much higher considering the issues with player movement, blocking representation including OL/DL, unpolished network broadcast presentation which is not being synced well as a compliment to commentary, AI( which I think includes penalites and challenge logic), player ratings and a lack of User customization options.
Great post - it's nice to see some other folks still live on planet earth.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:02 PM   #34
Future EA Game Changer

ImaGamer_OS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
You guys crack me up when it comes to Madden. The nit picking is insane.

Yet games like the Show and NBA2k have entire portions of the game not working. No problem.

Yet every year those games are the best ever and Madden doesn't compete. Really.

Jut on a competitive level and finding out how good you really are. I'll always give Madden one thing. Online is going to work. 2k and the show. Out the box. Not likely.

If you really got into Madden. Not just looking for the crossing route a slant or a screen pass. There is a deep game of football in there.

But hey. Keep worrying about the halftime show and the announcers.

I came to play football. Not watch a halftime show.

LOL.
There is no game like Madden that is critiqued as harsh or jumped on by gamers when a need for a patch arises.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 25
Quote:

Yet games like the Show and NBA2k have entire portions of the game not working. No problem.

Yet every year those games are the best ever and Madden doesn't compete. Really.

Jut on a competitive level and finding out how good you really are. I'll always give Madden one thing. Online is going to work. 2k and the show. Out the box. Not likely.

If you really got into Madden. Not just looking for the crossing route a slant or a screen pass. There is a deep game of football in there.

LOL.
Whoa there... Nail meet hammer.... Nail meet your doom!

Spot on my friend.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 10

LOL..nitpicking. This is laughable!!! Seeing Madden has had 7 years on next-gen and the community at its disposal all this time. No game is perfect and we as gamers understand that, but these legacy issues with madden has been around since 2006. Shall we wait another 7 years before these guys fix these problem and give them "another development cycle excuse"? Come on, they are the only NFL title that we as gamers can chose from. So we deserve alot more than what we getting for our $65. Fix the fundamentals first, then concentrate on the other things.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:11 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:

LOL.

Excellent Post
Old 08-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfletch71
Madden is fundamentally broken at its core and that's the problem with this generation. It doesn't matter if u had fantasy drafts, editing players...etc. If the fundamentals arent there, it's still not a simulation game that truly represents the NFL. Yes Madden is fun, but these legacy issues still remain and tarnish the experience.
Your an Idiot

Last edited by Jwest85; 08-27-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
So let me ask this question. If editing players , fantasy drafts, and some AI fixes were brought back, what score would you guys say then? 9.0? Those all sound like fairly easy fixes.
Add in ol/dl improvements, running animations, foot planting, a custom cam, and the things you mentioned regarding bugs,etc and I give it a 9. Add in NBA 2k like presentation and I even go 9.5!

Just holding it to the same standard of other sports games. Those are major lacking features IMO

Last edited by wheelman990; 08-27-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwest85
Your an I diot
I see u haven't been on this site that long, so I'll let that pass. I haven't said anything that is wrong in that respect. Unless u just play Madden and except what they give u. There have been other football games that simulate football alot better than Madden on next-Gen, and that's what we want as a community....simulation and as close as possible.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »