Home

Sliders and difficulty is bugged in ccm

This is a discussion on Sliders and difficulty is bugged in ccm within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2012, 11:56 PM   #9
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Sliders and difficulty is bugged in ccm

Choose your difficulty when you start the CCM. Go to league sliders and edit them. Seriously, how hard can it be guys?

And don't say it doesn't work or isn't effective. Play a game with 0 human pass block then 100.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
Rookie

spfhelmiii's Arena

OVR: 5

I'm having the same issue. I was blown away by how good M13 played on Play Now right away on the Early Release, providing a challenging CPU offense, yet not a cheap one.

I've started both offline and online CCM's now, and the CPU simply cannot run the ball (though boy do they try). I'm not sure if anything's broken, or just that they may have done a GREAT job for the tuning updates that apply to Play Now, but the updates must not have yet been applied to CCM.

There's a similar thread to this one that contained a quote from Josh Looman to the effect that CCM players should play online, rather than offline, so they get tuning updates. If I had to guess, I would think that a tuning update specific to online CCMs will be coming soon.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesHd09
Yep agreed. Id go online just because of the scouting points tho. Its alot better. 1000 points was a little small plus they knocked down how much it costs to reveal some stuff.
Main reason im playing online to.

And about the difficulty. playing on all pro and finding it very hard. im not that good at madden but last year the game was easier. im trowing to many picks and almost every pick is a pick 6. and the run is hard to stop.
gonne try some slider sets tomorrow.

and im not complaining. really liking the game and cc so far. its all about finding the right slider set. im glad theres a lot of ppl on the slider section who are putting a lot of time into making them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 8

This game sounds like sooooooo much fun lol
Old 08-29-2012, 12:16 AM   #13
Be Good To One Another

The JareBear's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Choose your difficulty when you start the CCM. Go to league sliders and edit them. Seriously, how hard can it be guys?

And don't say it doesn't work or isn't effective. Play a game with 0 human pass block then 100.

Ummmm what? So you have the CPU rushing consistently well on you in CCM? You don't see clear differences between CCM and play now? You gotta realize I spent all weekend testing sliders bro. Its not broken, but there is a difference between play now games and CCM games

Im not sure who or what post exactly you were responding to, but I think you may have some blinders on.

I am speaking solely on all-maddem play in CCM, I havent tried all pro yet, I admit

OS Blog

The Tortured Mind Of A Rockies Fan. In Arenado I Trust.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 3

the main issue i have is running.. i'm trying to do a CCM as a QB, and i want realistic stats, but its impossible. if i try to run the ball, the cpu ai just runs right into my own line everytime or just runs into the defenders.. 3 games and peterson has 20 carries for 33 yards

18 carries 24 yards, and 27 carries for 38 yards

i tried bumping up the human run block slider and the cpu run block slider to see if that helped but it doesnt. i tried upping broken tackles from 50 to 60 and got nothing...

dunno what to do with the cpu running aspect
Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 AM   #15
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

I haven't spent an entire weekend to test sliders or anything like that.

However, I've had this game since Friday. I played a couple of games when I first got it in CCM using default All Pro, and then a couple of games All Pro with CPU break tackle and run block at 60.

The difference in the CPU run game was definitely tangible, both in the way the game played but in the CPU rush stats at the end of the day.

To be fair, my sample size is small, and I wasn't really taking notes as the game at that point was playing to the way I was expecting it to. So take it with a grain of salt, but imo difficulty and sliders are not bugged.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:32 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I haven't spent an entire weekend to test sliders or anything like that.

However, I've had this game since Friday. I played a couple of games when I first got it in CCM using default All Pro, and then a couple of games All Pro with CPU break tackle and run block at 60.

The difference in the CPU run game was definitely tangible, both in the way the game played but in the CPU rush stats at the end of the day.

To be fair, my sample size is small, and I wasn't really taking notes as the game at that point was playing to the way I was expecting it to. So take it with a grain of salt, but imo difficulty and sliders are not bugged.
i am hoping you are right.. i think the actual sliders do work, like if i put the run blocking to 0, then plays would always get blown up,

i think the issue just tends to be with the infinity engine and the AI running logic.. when i hand the ball off to my running back and he starts running, the cpu just runs right in to the o line and stumbles and falls down when he gets hit.. just seems like the cpu making bad decisions leads to the running problems.. dunno if that can be fixed or not though

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »