Home

Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

This is a discussion on Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Eyes Glued to Twitter - The Fate of Player Editing Hangs in the Balance

numbers and equipment please. I hate not being able to change my players facemasks, gloves, socks etc.

The numbers part is drives me crazy, i hate when my players that i sign as FA get stuck with stupid numbers
Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #34
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosstheriver
a majority of people playing this game miss the ability to edit players.
This is almost certainly not the case, and EA probably has metrics to prove it and guide their decision not to prioritize it higher for year 1 of CCM.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6
Just let us edit jersey numbers, equipment and player positions. If i want to move A great blocking TE to FB i should be able to. And no, just moving him to FB on the depth chart is not the same. Because ill still have the same amount of TEs on my team. You can only have 53 players on your roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
By many accounts, offline CCM is broken. By many accounts, folks want the old franchise back. By many accounts, the attempt to have one code that universally makes each mode work/not work the same is a mess and seems to be a mistruth. It looks like fixing the game will essentially have to revert to old franchise offline mode (and CCM/xp turned off), CCM online will work the best CCM can work at all and we're right back where we were last year with three separate modes (play now, offline, online all still play differently) and basically the overall updates being the infinity engine, pass trajectories and CCM/xp system for online careers only. I'm just not sure this comes to be, though because it would prove the moves to this year's dev. design was too much, too soon and generally the wrong decision. I don't think they want to admit any of that. Still, if this dev. team wants to stand out from the pack of others, they will indeed admit this and patch it according to what seemingly the majority want. It's going to be interesting. Already interesting is not one article speaking of the game's flaws. It's only listed in forums, and this one is leading the charge.
The code is a mess? You might think so, but a few minor errors (and while the wrong equipment might be a big deal to you, in the grand scheme of things for EA it truly is a minor error) do not make their ambitious attempt a "mistruth".

Simply because YOU have problems with the game does not mean that the only real solution is to go back to the way things were. In fact, it is quite the contrary. Aren't these problems occuring for every facet of CCM? Therefore, by making changes which will undoubtedly come in a patch, as well as by making updates in each annual release, they can fix all of the problems with all of the modes (Superstar, Franchise, Online Franchise) at once. I would hardly claim that the game is too much to handle for the devs simply because of some depth chart issues or the inability to edit a player's equipment.

If you find the game unplayable because you have two players with the same number and you can't get the Bills' third-string Quarterback's socks right, then so be it--but to be so deluded as to think that that warrants a complete destruction of a mode that has made so much progress is laughable.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
This is almost certainly not the case, and EA probably has metrics to prove it and guide their decision not to prioritize it higher for year 1 of CCM.

Probably? What makes you so certain? Do you have any "metrics" to back up your claim or is this just your "feeling"?
Old 08-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
On a personal note it really bothers me that if I put him at the fullback position on the depth chart, he'll take a hit in awareness. I won't be controlling him all the time and awareness is a big deal for players being controlled by the CPU (so basically it would impact his pass and run blocking because his awareness would be lower).

Also, if he were to make the Pro Bowl it would be as a HB not a FB. Even if I played him all year at the fullback position all season.

May not be a big deal to some people, but it pains me to play players "out of position" on the depth chart because of the awareness drop.
Wouldn't you think "awareness" is quite different between a HB and FB. I would expect a ratings hit there.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:00 PM   #39
Phenom

seasprite's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Patching in player editing isn't going to break ccm.
And you know this how?

Old 08-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #40
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Probably? What makes you so certain? Do you have any "metrics" to back up your claim or is this just your "feeling"?
I say probably because I know they have metrics about how the game is played, but I don't know what metrics they have. You don't just do things like this on a whim, you make decisions based on research, user testing, etc.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »