Home

Player Progression, any guides?

This is a discussion on Player Progression, any guides? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8
Player Progression, any guides?

I'm finding now that we can use XP to get our own progression on players I am having a hard time choosing whats best. Before we were at the mercy of the CPU and certain skills like Awareness used to go up chunks on their own. Now I'm trying to decide where to put points and not sure if like for a rookie putting a lot of points into awareness is the way to go or something else.

Has anyone seen a good guide to this anywhere? I even bought the Prima guide for the first time in years this year because I wanted this info and it wasn't even in there.

Also does anyone know if any stats still naturally progress every season? I think I read they do regress for older players but wasn't sure if younger ones still get some unpurchased stat increased handed out every season.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Last edited by SGMRock; 08-30-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Player Progression, any guides?

I am wondering the same thing..... I have been focusing on the big ones.... PaBLK/RuBLK for my O-line, catching for my WR.... D-Line I have been doing Block Shed alot...... AWR on safeties... Not sure where to focus on guys that are already really good(to get the most impact).
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I just do auto because I still want my lesser players to get better.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:35 AM   #4
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

OVR: 6

Too easy dude, QB=short,med,long throw accuracy.HB=BCV,Juke,Spin,Awareness,FB=Run Block,Pass Block,Impact Block,WR=Catch,Route Run,Catch In Traffic,TE Catch,Run/Pass Block,Catch In Traffic,ALL LINEMAN=Run/Pass Blocking and Impact Blocking,D Line=Strength Moves if they are naturally slow, or Finesse Moves if they are naturally fast, and Bull/Swim/Spin moves respectively,LB=Hard hitting trait,Hit Power,Tackling,Awareness.DB=Awareness,Man/Zone coverage depending on what your play calling style is.FS/SS=Hard Hitting trait,Hitting Power,Awareness,Zone Coverage...Your Welcome.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:40 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBMarshall15
Too easy dude, QB=short,med,long throw accuracy.HB=BCV,Juke,Spin,Awareness,FB=Run Block,Pass Block,Impact Block,WR=Catch,Route Run,Catch In Traffic,TE Catch,Run/Pass Block,Catch In Traffic,ALL LINEMAN=Run/Pass Blocking and Impact Blocking,D Line=Strength Moves if they are naturally slow, or Finesse Moves if they are naturally fast, and Bull/Swim/Spin moves respectively,LB=Hard hitting trait,Hit Power,Tackling,Awareness.DB=Awareness,Man/Zone coverage depending on what your play calling style is.FS/SS=Hard Hitting trait,Hitting Power,Awareness,Zone Coverage...Your Welcome.
This was little help so stop patting yourself on the back. lol
For one thing you listed BCV first under HB. To the OP: never invest in BCV! It is a useless rating for a user controlled player.

Also I don't know how many would agree with this but I prefer putting points into play recognition instead of awareness for defensive players.

And for LB the most important attributes are block shedding and pursuit (maybe play recognition as well)

And you need to cater your choices to your style of play or scheme. I don't think there is one universal guide to progressing players. Much of it depends on how you play and what kind of players you have

Last edited by ggsimmonds; 08-31-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 01:51 AM   #6
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
This was little help so stop patting yourself on the back. lol
For one thing you listed BCV first under HB. To the OP: never invest in BCV! It is a useless rating for a user controlled player.

Also I don't know how many would agree with this but I prefer putting points into play recognition instead of awareness for defensive players.

And for LB the most important attributes are block shedding and pursuit (maybe play recognition as well)

And you need to cater your choices to your style of play or scheme. I don't think there is one universal guide to progressing players. Much of it depends on how you play and what kind of players you have
LOL, yeah BCV is probably a CPU trait that takes over for those who simulate alot. Yeah I forgot about play rec, it is an important trait to have for all defensive players,specifically LB's and Safeties.I could go either way on block shedding, and pursuit isn't something I would spend xp on since my LB's don't chase, they run forward most of the time.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:57 AM   #7
Rookie

ryanh04's Arena

OVR: 3

I would invest in Consistency to build a team. Then I would work on attributes. Remember a zero consistency player can play like his rating or a scrub. If you have a consistent player that always play to his ratings you will never have to worry.

Keep Notes of your favorite guys goals to progress them faster.
Old 08-31-2012, 02:02 AM   #8
Rookie

TheBMarshall15's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanh04
I would invest in Consistency to build a team. Then I would work on attributes. Remember a zero consistency player can play like his rating or a scrub. If you have a consistent player that always play to his ratings you will never have to worry.

Keep Notes of your favorite guys goals to progress them faster.
very good point on the consistency attribute, I wish it didn't come at such a high xp price though. Honestly you can progress any way you like and essentially you can't fail. My best advice for anyone reading this is to start your franchise with young players in the 75ish overall rating range, and just build them over a period of time. You'll save cap room and have the ability for a dynasty.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »