Home

EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

This is a discussion on EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
Banned

Buford T Justice's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

You need the hard drive. I have the 4g black slim console and purchased a 320g HDD and now I can play Madden as well as Battlefeild 3 and any other number of games... BattlefIEld SUX without the HDD.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Banned

spyder_DG's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA says: Xbox Arcade or 4G slim models are not able to handle Madden 13, possibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buford T Justice
You need the hard drive. I have the 4g black slim console and purchased a 320g HDD and now I can play Madden as well as Battlefeild 3 and any other number of games... BattlefIEld SUX without the HDD.
Not trying to start a console vs. PC war but doesn't Battlefield suck on consoles period? Seriously don't know because I never tried the beta on either my PS3 or Xbox, but I cant imagine it would look that nice, or run that smoothly.....
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
Banned

Buford T Justice's Arena

OVR: 0

It's printed on the back of the game box for battlefield 3, too. "suggests " harddrive. Fact is, it's a tremendous difference without it... Several other new games too...dragons dogma, I think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

BF3 plays great on the XBOX, one of my favorite games. I have the 4 GB slim model with attached hardrive(20 GB). I play M13 from the default memory and it plays fine. I'm gunna transfer M13 content over to the hardrive, see if it makes a difference.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM   #13
Rookie

gahdamn if i have to waste money on a hard drive... does anyone have the arcade xbox model and 250 gb hard drive that aren't having issue and used to have issues before the upgrade... by this I mean the older white model circa 2007, not the original release of Xboxs. the arcade model was released as the cheapest priced Xbox package available when released. I had the original "Core" model, but that one and a replacement had to be replaced through warranty. I just want to know if anyone is playing the game on the Arcade model, and if it require at least 250gb. i will buy one if it's possible. **** you EA and M$ for taking my money

Last edited by REEFIS; 08-31-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 10

Madden games aren't capable of using a USB flash drive as their primary storage device?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #15
MVP

Jet Sufferer's Arena

OVR: 12

I think some of the responses are missing the point, if you ONLY have 4GB of memory or the old arcade you might have a problem, if you upgraded your hard drive you surely won't have a problem because you have more memory than just the 4GB and whatever is in the old arcade.

I have the Gears of War Special Edition console with 320 GB, but I don't like to brag.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2012, 09:48 PM   #16
Rookie

i havn't tried a usb stick. why might that help stop the freezes?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »