Home

My Madden 13 graphics look like PS1!!

This is a discussion on My Madden 13 graphics look like PS1!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My Madden 13 graphics look like PS1!!

Hi

I'm sure there must be something wrong with my PS3 setup. Close ups in Madden 13 look great but as soon as you get to gameplay and the standard camera (plus maybe other camera views) I can firstly see loads of anti aliasing issues on players and then after a few seconds you can see the game change to low textures. At that point the players all look as though they've been smudged. There's no detail anymore and the graphics look like something from 10 years ago.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be my TV? I've got £900 Panasonic plasma from about three years ago.

I'm about to take it back because it really is that bad!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 AM   #2
MVP

sportdan30's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: My Madden 13 graphics look like PS1!!

There's an issue within the game where it goes in to standard def mode and back to hd. Only happens for a few seconds. It's highly annoying. That said, there is some noticeable jaggies on the PS3 version. What I found that helped was turning down sharpness and contrast. Give that a try.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

my graphics look nice and crisp and i have PS3 as well i would check see if its your connections. i play on 2 different tvs a 42 inch RCA hooked up via HDMI cables and 47 inch vizio.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Get the PC version....oh wait they didn't release one!!
Old 09-01-2012, 10:35 AM   #5
MVP

bigdoc85's Arena

OVR: 22

I haven't noticed any issues -- actually looks like the best-looking Madden ever. I downloaded the demo on the Xbox and my PS3 retail version looks better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Rookie

Cheers for the replies.

I seem to have resolved it mostly changing settings on the PS3 and on my TV. Can't describe how awful it looked. Going to try altering some more settings until I get it looking optimum and will post what I find in case someone else comes across the same problem.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
Rookie

I have my PS3 hooked up to my 65" Toshiba DLP via HDMI and it looks stunning. That and the audio through my Onkyo 750watt receiver plus Cerwin-Vega 300 watt speakers = epic winning!
Old 09-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Shogun613's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportdan30
There's an issue within the game where it goes in to standard def mode and back to hd. Only happens for a few seconds. It's highly annoying. That said, there is some noticeable jaggies on the PS3 version. What I found that helped was turning down sharpness and contrast. Give that a try.

I have noticed the resolution shift as well. I hope to god this can be fixed in a patch.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »