Home

Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

This is a discussion on Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2012, 08:20 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Development Trait, and how it works, quick analysis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
I see alot of gamers on here are getting upset because they dont see the weekly or season goals per player......I must tell you gals or ladys to explore the cc tabs and sub tabs..
I see how to navigate the connected careers interface quite well for the record. What I don't see is a reason for me to spend 100,000 xp points to develop a player to get "maybe" a couple hundred extra xp points a week. Something should be cheaper or everything should payoff more.

At cheese, I'm trash. At basketball, I'm great!

NCAAMadnet
BadGuy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #42
Madden & NBA 2K fanatic

Joobieo's Arena

OVR: 19

Just when I was thinking about buying the development trait upgrade for my QB , never mind now .
Old 09-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theseos
I assume Brees is a superstar, no upgrade is available for the development trait. these goals are from 1yr in game so Brees is 34, maybe just like youth helps a player gain more xp maybe seniority has the reverse effect??
I have also thought about this, and perhaps this is the explanation we need. I'm thinking unless an official explanation is made, we are just going to be lot more confused. I think what needs to be done is more testing.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:22 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigil
I have also thought about this, and perhaps this is the explanation we need. I'm thinking unless an official explanation is made, we are just going to be lot more confused. I think what needs to be done is more testing.
One other thing that should be taken note of is whether or not the Coach QB XP Boost has been purchased for either player, because that would obviously also mess with things. Love the work that you guys are doing by the way.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:38 AM   #45
MVP

OVR: 38

You should test the effects of the retirement packages for coaches.... I feel like they are worthless.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 02:39 AM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpieDJC
So in your opinion is it a waste of XP to purchase the development trait as a player? If it takes 8seasons to pay itself off you've wasted substantial XP that could have gone towards faster improvement right?
I guess it depends on how good you are at building up goal and performance xp. As a MLB, the amount of bonus xp I can make besides training isn't high enough to make the trait worth it. I am not an int/sack machine - I rarely make 10 tackles/game because assisted tackles do not register - so I mainly get more xp by accomplishing team goals, and they almost never give more than 5-700xp each, and I weekly gaing 1k+ xp from training.

It might be different if you ball hog a lot as an offensive player (look at the youtube videos of ppl averaging 3-500 rec. yds/game with 4-8 TDs), because the potential for huge gains of xp every week is there. I wouldn't get any enjoyment out of that tho. And I've only had experiences player a MLB created player. I have no idea what the xp gain potential is in other positions.

If it increased all gained xp, and by more than 9%, we'd have a whole different ballgame.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #47
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

This is an excellent thread great work man!

I did some tests with regards to how the CPU auto progresses my own players based on how much XP they have saved up. I assume it works the same for the CPU teams players. I found the setting that says Player Progress Frequency and can be set to Every week, Four weeks, or End of season only affects the CPU team as I can progress my players whenever Auto or Manually. I determined that the CPU does a decent job upgrading and recommend using Four weeks or Season.

The CPU seems to upgrade the attributes important related to the position according to the Coaching scheme listed for that position. That can be changed so you can control the auto progress for your own team. If you want Mark Sanchez to become a West Coast QB (His player card has him as Balanced QB) you can set that in coaching scheme then auto progress will upgrade the relevant attributes to see him develop into a West Coast QB. I assume give it a season or two and eventually his player card will change from Balanced QB to West Coast QB when the attributes are upgraded enough.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...doing-ccm.html

I am starting to understand the XP system, progression, player/coach goals and schemes and how they all work together and must say I like the depth it brings. One thing I haven't touched on is the practices before season games. Could you elaborate on that at all? What is the best way to use my players in that? I only need to have them play 33% of the snaps in practice mode and they get XP or is that only for season games, I haven't even looked at if players get XP from practice mode or is it just coaches that get XP?

Are goals relevant in practice mode? I assume the XP listed when you pick a practice is the XP the coach gets but what about players do they get XP from practice and do goals matter for them?
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 1

Brian-No players receive xp gains from practice is a flat value, regardless of individual performance

Perhaps the development trait is treated more like physical skills (Speed, Agi, Acc, Str). Most athletes do not become any bigger, stronger, or faster than they were by the time they reached the NFL. The reason for this is that they are already at their physical peak. You have to imagine that they have been working out everyday since junior high (most of them) and at some point your body will plateau. With this in mind, it's logical that the development trait be treated in kind. Some people just have a more passionate desire to succeed than others. A players work ethic very seldom changes much either.

It would make sense that younger players learn faster than vets, since younger players DO learn faster than vets lol. I suppose you have heard of the expression, 'you can't teach an old dog new tricks', so it would stand within reason that young players receive more of a boost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »