Home

Where did Defensive Assignments go?

This is a discussion on Where did Defensive Assignments go? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2012, 09:13 AM   #1
Rookie

aspengc8's Arena

OVR: 1
Where did Defensive Assignments go?

I hope EA can patch this back in. There is no reason why my #5 CB is lining up on megatron in the slot. If I play man, my #1, or whoever I decide to, should play them.

Please bring this back EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Where did Defensive Assignments go?

I know this almost kill man coverage for me. Why would EA take this important feature out?
Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #3
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspengc8
I hope EA can patch this back in. There is no reason why my #5 CB is lining up on megatron in the slot. If I play man, my #1, or whoever I decide to, should play them.

Please bring this back EA.
This needs to be in it's own official "EA Patch This Back In Thread". COMPLETELY nullifies man defense when you can just move your best WR to the slot, and get favorable match-ups vs 3/4th stringers without even having a defensive counter.

I know EA wants to open up the offense/passing game, but we gotta have options to defend it, we're not all 16 yr old kids who don't even know what 'Defensive Assignments' are.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988
Old 09-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 48 hours
I know this almost kill man coverage for me. Why would EA take this important feature out?
They ran out of new features for Madden 14
Old 09-04-2012, 11:29 AM   #5
Rookie

Yes, we need this back. I never could get it to work properly for anyone but the CB's and even then, sometimes I'd have a LB covering a WR even though I had plenty of CB's on the field. If EA can make it work properly, please bring it back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Disclaimer: Any idea I support or come up with, I would gladly have the development team IGNORE if the implementation of the idea comes at the expense of the stability of the game. In other words, fix bugs and glitches with the basic functions of the game before adding anything new.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #6
Pro

BearClaw's Arena

OVR: 9

I'm having trouble thinking of a halfway decent reason to not include defensive assignments in the game.
Old 09-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #7
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

they automatically supposed to align with best on best, but i still have an issue. we had another thread going here...but i said what if my best cb is alot slower than the best wr?? in matchups i may wanna put my #2 or #3 on him just to close the speed gap. sometimes its better to sacrifice a lil coverage for better speed. in the end wat good is a coverage rating if the guy cant keep up with the receiver to cover him anyway.

apparently ea...once again mind u, and is becoming a common theme...didnt think this thru all the way
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 09-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I thought man defense looked pretty wonky in the demo. I bet they took assignments out because they couldn't make it play nice with "best on best".

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »