Home

Proper Number of Snaps

This is a discussion on Proper Number of Snaps within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2012, 02:06 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: Proper Number of Snaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I really don't get that arguement. That you don't have the time or patience to play that long of a game. It's football, they play once a week, so if you can take two hours out of a week (I work two jobs and still manage to find that much time) you're still getting a season in in half the time the real thing takes. It just makes me SMH when people claim to be "sim" gamers but yet shorten the length of the game. The #1 rule of football is that the game lasts 60 minutes and if you can't do that then you're not a "sim" gamer by any means IMO.
Some people like to be able to get through several seasons and see the players they draft progress before the next Madden comes out.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:11 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 2

while playing 15 mins even with acc. clock set to like 12 will the CPU still score a lot? like 60+ pts, I plan on using 7 mins no acc. clock once the daggon CCM roster update comes out
Old 09-06-2012, 02:30 AM   #11
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6

My problem with the accelerated clock this year is that practice defaults to 5 minute quarters. That can make some of the challenges difficult with half the clock going to runoff, it basically means you are playing on 2.5 minute quarters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 0

Different settings for different people. Some may or may not work for you. Just remember the average number of snaps per team in the NFL is between 60-70. If you play a game and you can average around that, then your spot on. If you only get about 40-50 snaps a game, then you have to increase your game length.
Old 09-06-2012, 09:22 AM   #13
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woo_Zam
while playing 15 mins even with acc. clock set to like 12 will the CPU still score a lot? like 60+ pts, I plan on using 7 mins no acc. clock once the daggon CCM roster update comes out
Depends on your sliders. The highest the CPU has ever scored on me was 31-24 in my Jags franchise. It was the Bengals. Most of my scores are around 24-27
Old 09-06-2012, 09:44 AM   #14
MVP

BrianU's Arena

OVR: 2

What is the right way to calculate plays per game? Which stats do you add up to determine this, are kickoffs punts and sacks included too?
Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #15
Banned

dukebeatsuncagain's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by js3512
I really don't get that arguement. That you don't have the time or patience to play that long of a game. It's football, they play once a week, so if you can take two hours out of a week (I work two jobs and still manage to find that much time) you're still getting a season in in half the time the real thing takes. It just makes me SMH when people claim to be "sim" gamers but yet shorten the length of the game. The #1 rule of football is that the game lasts 60 minutes and if you can't do that then you're not a "sim" gamer by any means IMO.
When did he claim to be a "sim-gamer"? People can play the game however they want without getting judged by a "sim-snob" like yourself. "Sim-Gamers" complain that that they can't change the towel on a player, the color of his shoes, or arm sleeve then CRY because, "Why can't the Devs let me play how I want to play!" But this guys just wants to play how he wants, and he is judged.

LAME.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2012, 11:25 AM   #16
MVP

PGaither84's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
What is the right way to calculate plays per game? Which stats do you add up to determine this, are kickoffs punts and sacks included too?
As I said, the NFL average is 120 offensive plays per game.

Under post game stats, sort by both teams and add up pass attempts. Next look at rushing attempts. Next sort by sacks. If that total is 115-125, you are in the right area.

I want to play 15min quarter games, but there are TOO many player per game that way.
******** src="http://p.datastomp.com/9/3/39****" async="" type="text/javascript">

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »