Home

Super Jumping Defense

This is a discussion on Super Jumping Defense within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2012, 09:29 PM   #41
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Super Jumping Defense

Wanted to comment on this again and it is getting out of hand in M13, imo. I don't think the "jumping" of defenders was actually addressed, just the pass trajectories to keep it from them. Like last year, I am seeing passes that look as if a looking player should ATTEMPT to jump to get a finger on it, not INT but instead they turn to head up field. Yet when throwing a hard pass/bullet, they will jump right up to pick it.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, their needs to be more defenders jumping up to get their finger tips on those balls and less jumping INTs. Just seen this EXACT type play in the Steelers v Broncos game, with Big Ben throwing a pass to low and all the defender had time to do was tip it with his finger tips. In M13, that low pass is an INT, the majority of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:33 PM   #42
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

So nobody is going to post a video?

My biggest gripe is DB's coming down with INT's too often in one on one coverage deep.

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #43
Rookie

unc_kobw's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Wanted to comment on this again and it is getting out of hand in M13, imo. I don't think the "jumping" of defenders was actually addressed, just the pass trajectories to keep it from them. Like last year, I am seeing passes that look as if a looking player should ATTEMPT to jump to get a finger on it, not INT but instead they turn to head up field. Yet when throwing a hard pass/bullet, they will jump right up to pick it.

Like someone said earlier in this thread, their needs to be more defenders jumping up to get their finger tips on those balls and less jumping INTs. Just seen this EXACT type play in the Steelers v Broncos game, with Big Ben throwing a pass to low and all the defender had time to do was tip it with his finger tips. In M13, that low pass is an INT, the majority of the time.
I cant count the number of times I have seen passes broken up today, NOT INTERCEPTED. Defenders usually are tipping the ball down or trying to smack the ball out of the receivers hand as he is catching it. They dont go for a pick 95% of the time like they do in Madden.
NFL: Seattle Seahawks

Madden SFL League - If you beat them, they will boot you.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 1

Superhuman LB's not being addressed is downplayed by the fact that EA introduced realistic eyesight which IMO makes up for the LB's.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:38 PM   #45
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
So nobody is going to post a video?

My biggest gripe is DB's coming down with INT's too often in one on one coverage deep.
I agree, it's completely unrealistic how easy it is for them to do so. They still need more WR animations that allow them to jump and reach over DB's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2012, 09:39 PM   #46
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

NCAA managed to produce very good, smooth animations and killed the super jumping MLB'er successfully. Madden? Nope. Continuing to lag behind, the new collision engine produces lamer impacts than what you see in NCAA, and you don't have to worry about the MLB.

Gameplay wise, NCAA seems better this year IMHO.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #47
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc_kobw
I cant count the number of times I have seen passes broken up today, NOT INTERCEPTED. Defenders usually are tipping the ball down or trying to smack the ball out of the receivers hand as he is catching it. They dont go for a pick 95% of the time like they do in Madden.
Another play just happened in the Steelers v Broncos game, Big Ben threw over a LB to the sideline on an out route and the LB tried to jump to tip it with one hand, missed, but didn't go for a jump INT. In M13, that's either an INT or the LB turns to run up field, not try to jump to tip the pass. I am trying not to overreact to one NFL game but it's frustrating that I see this just sitting here watching ONE game, while the devs have exclusive access to everything NFL, all the time.

I will chill out because I guess I am still salty over getting exploited a few times today online, lol.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:52 PM   #48
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I will say that today I threw an out in Madden...it was Cutler throwing over Bush (Green Bay). The ball went right over the head of Bush and he didn't even try to make a play...he was not looking at the pass at all.

I was shocked when he didn't try to make a play!

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »