Home

Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!!

This is a discussion on Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!!

I see more INT's than batted passes in 13'.

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:04 PM   #10
Rookie

badgerwhacker's Arena

OVR: 0

I like how the defense plays in this Madden. The defenders make real breaks on the ball though my only concern, as someone touched upon, is that at times their able to break through the receiver for an interception when in fact they should have to stretch, resulting in a batted ball.

On the whole though, it definitely doesn't reduce my enthusiasm for it any. It just makes me think more about passing and that is only a good thing.
Old 09-10-2012, 08:15 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
You mean like the interception that ended the Denver - Pitt game last night? I had one yesterday just like that. When it first happened I thought, no way. I went back and replayed. The defender just made a great play on the ball. One on one doesn't always mean an easy completion as in years past. I love it!!!!
No, interceptions like this happen way too often. This is a 1 in a 100 catch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYoKEUicDZs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #12
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
You mean like the interception that ended the Denver - Pitt game last night? I had one yesterday just like that. When it first happened I thought, no way. I went back and replayed. The defender just made a great play on the ball. One on one doesn't always mean an easy completion as in years past. I love it!!!!
Well, like I said, I think they should be batted balls most of the time.

The problem is that I am seeing probably two crazy circus INTs like that per game... And using ballhawk, I pull off plenty myself.. I am really not crying sour grapes because of throwing interceptions.

I want to see spectacular plays in the game... but in order to be spectacular they can't happen all the time... as that isn't spectacular anymore... it's just ordinary.

I am fine with the way the vast majority of INTs play out... it's much improved over previous releases. I just think they need some minor tweaks / tuning in a couple of areas. That's all.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:12 PM   #13
Rookie

my only problem so far with the INTs is how common they are in one-on-one situations. The animations don't look all that unrealistic, but the receiver needs to put up more of a fight, at least the bigger ones.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #14
Banned

ghettogeeksta's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogiants98
my only problem so far with the INTs is how common they are in one-on-one situations. The animations don't look all that unrealistic, but the receiver needs to put up more of a fight, at least the bigger ones.
I agree, receivers still dont go for the ball like they are suspose to even with all the new catch animations. The new catch animations only work in certain situations, usually the reciever has to be right in line with the ball, they need to add the IE to catching in this game.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #15
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

I think int should be toned down, especially in one on one deep ball situations, in those situation taller and better recievers should have the advantage. Most the times wr either catches the ball or the db breaks it up, on this game db's have good chance for the int.

Part of the problem is the wr dont attack the ball or position body to fend off a db, they go up for catch as if there is noone covering.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYwRiter94
I believe this can be largely attributed to the new Ball-Hawking feature, so my only suggestion is that they find a way to either A) tune the new feature or B) modify traits such as Plays Ball in Air (either by changing how many players have it or what the trait actually accomplishes).
I wish they'd just give WRs a "Plays Ball in Air" trait. They are the intended target for the pass and should be aggressive for the ball just like defenders can be. They shouldn't just let the defender under cut him if he's aware of what the defender is doing (would make WR AWR more important, too).

Might get more offensive interference that way, too. After all, a WR pushing off is just too aggressive to beat his man and "cheats". So, an "Aggressive" trait and lower AWR could lead to more push offs and such.

However, I do like hearing that defense has teeth and they are doing it without "cheating" the game mechanics. That is very encouraging to hear.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »