Home

Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!!

This is a discussion on Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5
Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!!

I can proudly say I love Madden 13 right now. The defense is present. It makes me have to REALLY think before I make a pass. I love the mental challenge. Some ppl say ints are too common but I love it this way. If we tone down the defense then we'll have Madden 11 all over again....

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Please EA DO NOT change INTs !!!

exactly, if defenders are in position for easy INTs and they consistently drop them, because of a patch.

then romper-room Madden gamers will constantly keep throwing passes without the fear of a turnover, instead of having to adjust in a more realistic matter...like say *gasp* running the ball or *gasp* finding the open man..or getting someone open by being strategic.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Rookie

MCNABB51BOI's Arena

OVR: 5

i like the INTs leave it alone
Old 09-10-2012, 04:47 PM   #4
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

I have a slight problem with certain kinds of interceptions, mainly 1-on-1 situations where the WR has a step or two, but the CB makes a miraculous leaping INT. I think those should probably be batted balls most of the time.

But overall, I like the way M13 has handled INTs. At least 80% of the ones I've thrown have been entirely my fault... and I've thrown more than in M11/12 because obvious mistakes are being picked off instead of being dropped by the defenders... They still drop some... but not as many.

The super jumping MLB in mid zone still crops up from time to time... not as bad as the last couple years... but still see it more than I should. This really only bothers me because the jumping rating just doesn't seem to matter. Everybody has mad NBA ups when the "jump straight up for two handed interception" animation gets fired off.

So I could see some minor tweaks/tuning... but I generally like M13 better than previous versions for INTs.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
Rookie

AmericasTeam's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I have a slight problem with certain kinds of interceptions, mainly 1-on-1 situations where the WR has a step or two, but the CB makes a miraculous leaping INT. I think those should probably be batted balls most of the time.
You mean like the interception that ended the Denver - Pitt game last night? I had one yesterday just like that. When it first happened I thought, no way. I went back and replayed. The defender just made a great play on the ball. One on one doesn't always mean an easy completion as in years past. I love it!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #6
Pro

NYwRiter94's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericasTeam
You mean like the interception that ended the Denver - Pitt game last night? I had one yesterday just like that. When it first happened I thought, no way. I went back and replayed. The defender just made a great play on the ball. One on one doesn't always mean an easy completion as in years past. I love it!!!!
The problem is that no matter what, your receiver will continue to run his route and wait for the ball to come to you. The defender, on the other hand, will automatically start running toward the ball. That means that if your receiver cuts to the outside and has his man beat, you can throw the ball to the outside, but unless he has CLEAR separation (several feet of space) from the defender, the defensive player will likely make a break in front of the receiver. I believe this can be largely attributed to the new Ball-Hawking feature, so my only suggestion is that they find a way to either A) tune the new feature or B) modify traits such as Plays Ball in Air (either by changing how many players have it or what the trait actually accomplishes).

Otherwise, I have felt that the majority of my interceptions (at least moreso than in past years) along with my completed passes are deserved, and for that EA deserves a lot of praise.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

I personally think the Defense needs to be upped.

I demolish any team in this game. Also I use game flow and just go with the flow of what the CPU gives me. It's sad, but I have the Vikings at like 6-0 right now, and it's year two.

I don't throw many picks, when I do it's multiple picks.

Anyways, the defense in the coverage aspect is great for read and react, just wish it was a bit more challenging.

The past two games I've had challenges against the Lions and Packers, the rest of the teams I lock down.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:41 PM   #8
Rookie

briz1744's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCNABB51BOI
i like the INTs leave it alone
I have no problem with the number of interceptions I'm throwing despite having played using *auto pass* for several years now
However the number thrown by the CPU is a little high considering the slider settings
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »