Home

Coach XP: What do you buy with it?

This is a discussion on Coach XP: What do you buy with it? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

OVR: 6
Coach XP: What do you buy with it?

So, I have quite a bit of coaching XP saved up, but I don't know what to spend it on. How much of a difference do any of these perks make? The best sounding one is the scouting expert one, but I don't need that as I have scouted everyone I needed to by week 6.

How much of a difference do the contract resigning perks make? What about the free agent perks and the xp perks? Which ones do you buy and why?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 10:57 AM   #2
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Coach XP: What do you buy with it?

I did the scouting expert... just because I love to build through the draft and there were a number of guys that I didn't want to resign. That said, I'm still only in week 12 or 13 and haven't done a lick of scouting yet... So I don't know how much it helps... I mainly grabbed it because nothing else on the list really appealed to me.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #3
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunyerbiz
I did the scouting expert... just because I love to build through the draft and there were a number of guys that I didn't want to resign. That said, I'm still only in week 12 or 13 and haven't done a lick of scouting yet... So I don't know how much it helps... I mainly grabbed it because nothing else on the list really appealed to me.
Offline, where you only get 1000 points, I would buy it. Online, where you get 2000, I don't need it. The only reason you would need it online IMO is if you want to know that actual ratings instead of ABCDF. It cost 100 points to get a letter grade for most ratings and 500 to get a number grade. Since I don't want a number grade, that is too precise to me, I don't need it. You can scout the important ratings for everyone in the draft (Run block, pass block and impact block for OL for example) with the points you have online.

I am interested in the resigning contract perks because I want to keep my team together, but not sure how effective that is vs the xp perks.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
So, I have quite a bit of coaching XP saved up, but I don't know what to spend it on. How much of a difference do any of these perks make? The best sounding one is the scouting expert one, but I don't need that as I have scouted everyone I needed to by week 6.

How much of a difference do the contract resigning perks make? What about the free agent perks and the xp perks? Which ones do you buy and why?
I start out by getting the position xp packages for the young starters who I want to develop. Then if there any vets who might retire I get their position retirement packages. Also def get the draft package as well...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Pro

Dbrentonbuck's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
I start out by getting the position xp packages for the young starters who I want to develop. Then if there any vets who might retire I get their position retirement packages. Also def get the draft package as well...

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2
How much of a difference in XP does it make?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

The only thing I have purchased is the xp packages and they are definately a huge help gives them quite a xp boost not sure exactly how much but it is considerable.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:53 AM   #7
MVP

Nunyerbiz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
Offline, where you only get 1000 points, I would buy it. Online, where you get 2000, I don't need it.
Interesting, I haven't tried offline yet due to all the reported issues... I am playing a solo online for now until the big patch hits next month or whenever. I didn't know that there was such a difference in scouting points between the modes. Thanks for the info! I guess I'll be splurging and using the extra scouting points just because they are there... heh... oh well.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:32 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 25
I find coaching XP pointless.... I retire after each game and play whatever game I choose... I can progress any player I want.... My coach legacy score means nothing to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »