Home

Why does this have to be so confusing?

This is a discussion on Why does this have to be so confusing? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #17
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Why does this have to be so confusing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCcress
I completely agree that the new interface is a little confusing the first few times around (and also pretty sluggish when toggling through My Actions, News Feed, etc.) but the more time I spend in CCM menus the more it makes sense.
However, I wish they hadn't gotten rid of the option to view the box score/stats of a simmed game before advancing to the next week, especially during the pre-season..At least I'm pretty sure they got rid of that option, or perhaps I'm missing something?
Not sure, never really checked TBH...Is there a "Team Schedule" option some place? That's where I always used to go to look at the box scores/stats after a game...
Old 09-14-2012, 02:55 PM   #18
Rookie

KCcress's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwin122
Not sure, never really checked TBH...Is there a "Team Schedule" option some place? That's where I always used to go to look at the box scores/stats after a game...
Yeah there's still a Team Schedule option but I've only been able to view stats after a game that I actually played. I can only view the stats of a simmed game after I advance to the next week. It's not really a huge a deal, but If I want to sim the final pre-season game then there is no way to view the stats of that game, which is unfortunate but I can live with it.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:01 PM   #19
Rookie

guitarDADDY1208's Arena

OVR: 7

yeah you can set it up for the maximum users number of 1, there are pros and cons, one is the fact that you have an autosave feature which you don't have offline plus whenever they finish the website you can do stuff from your computer. The big downside is the disconnection from EA servers, if the servers are down or your ISP is having trouble you won't be able to play your games until those issues are resolved. Other than that the CCM is supposed to be the same both online and offline.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:03 PM   #20
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCcress
Yeah there's still a Team Schedule option but I've only been able to view stats after a game that I actually played. I can only view the stats of a simmed game after I advance to the next week. It's not really a huge a deal, but If I want to sim the final pre-season game then there is no way to view the stats of that game, which is unfortunate but I can live with it.
Oh, I see what you're saying...yeah, before they always asked if you wanted to advance to regular season, then I'd select no and look at the stats...guess you can't do that in this year's game...

Old 09-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #21
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarDADDY1208
yeah you can set it up for the maximum users number of 1, there are pros and cons, one is the fact that you have an autosave feature which you don't have offline plus whenever they finish the website you can do stuff from your computer. The big downside is the disconnection from EA servers, if the servers are down or your ISP is having trouble you won't be able to play your games until those issues are resolved. Other than that the CCM is supposed to be the same both online and offline.
With the exception of the online tuning updates as opposed to waiting for a patch if your offline, correct?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 03:09 PM   #22
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
I really like the new menus myself. Only thing that brothers me about them is your player needs to be cached better or something so it doesn't pause the game to load that section.

Thankfully that can be avoided by going left from the first entry to jump to the other side.

The unnecessarily compact menus the last few years have grown to be a pet peeve of mine, almost like they were meant to be used on a phone and not my HDTV.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 09-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #23
Rookie

jwin122's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I really like the new menus myself. Only thing that brothers me about them is your player needs to be cached better or something so it doesn't pause the game to load that section.

Thankfully that can be avoided by going left from the first entry to jump to the other side.

The unnecessarily compact menus the last few years have grown to be a pet peeve of mine, almost like they were meant to be used on a phone and not my HDTV.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for change. I really like how you can now delve deeper into things with the new interface. Hopefully they continue to expand the career mode. Love the new resigning mode and free agency as well as scouting and drafting, although I wish there was a way to have the option to assign your scouting to your coordinators, etc. like in real life.

Send them to different schools each week and tell them who to scout (ie, CB, QB, RB etc.)

I know you can "delegate" these things, but it's a crap shoot right now as to who they actually scout. Would rather be able to tell them who to scout and what not...but all in all, I'm content with it

Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #24
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm a lil confused to. Can I play ccm with control of all players like play now. Or do I just have to control one player, ie my qb or rb?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »