Home

Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

This is a discussion on Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2012, 07:38 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Anyone seeing too many sacks from their DE?

Michael Bennett (bucs) Finished a season with 29 sacks for me.. on my MLB CC we won the super bowl and finshed the regular season 15-1 with the number 1 D and 32nd O..
Old 09-14-2012, 08:04 PM   #18
MVP

BlastX21's Arena

OVR: 16

Lol, can y'all post some videos of this type of sack happening? I'm not disputing that it happens, but my opponents usually get 6-7 seconds to hold the ball and the concept of too many sacks happening Madden is just so unreal to me. At least I'll be able to see what you guys are doing to get pressure.
Old 09-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #19
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27

I have the same problem. My LE is the one always getting the pressure, but my RE seems to have a little more trouble. I'm not sure how much I actually care, but it is something I've noticed.

Gamertag (Xbox One): Bengerman 1031
PSN Name: BadNewsBen

Twitter: @BadNewsBenV
Twitch: www.Twitch.TV/Bengerman10
Old 09-14-2012, 08:54 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

Some of the problem is explained here http://www.operationsports.com/Illus...end-pass-rush/ (by Illustrator76).

Quote:
2. The Offensive Lineman is blocking and then "releasing" your Defensive End for no good reason at all. This happens more often on the Right Tackle than the Left Tackle. T

Last edited by whaley; 09-14-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
The last thing we should be doing is crying about the number of sacks from DEs after the monstrosity that was Madden 12.

I can finally get a manually-controlled speed rush from my DEs. It's far from perfect..but much improved from 12 when 90% of the sacks came from DTs.

They got this right this year IMHO.
Please believe I'm not complaining. Hell I use it to my advantage with Orakpo on passing downs, but it's still severely flawed. If I play Trent Williams at LT he is nearly flawless. If I put him at RT it's easy 3-5 sacks against a game. What causes that? Simple typical EA coding.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2012, 09:09 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 0

Also, note that this doesn't really happen super frequently on passing plays... but you'll notice a trend over the course of several games. Most of the time the (CPU controlled) DEs will simply just engage the OTs and become stalemated. However on some small'sh number of plays... perhaps about 4-6 a game, the LE will just randomly disengage from the RT without even using a pass rush move while the RE basically never does and just sits there and plays patty cake with the LT. This gives the LE a free path the QB pretty early in the pass play and results in a higher number of sacks for that position.

I had a theory previously that it may simply just be ratings based, but I don't believe that to be the case. I switched my LT and RT (Eugene Monroe of the Jaguars, with a PBK of 88 moved to RT and Eben Britten, PBK of 80 moved to LT). The same thing happened to Monroe on the right side. This was only for one game, but it still indicates there is a problem with something about that side of the line and DE play.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #23
Pro

D-MAC©®'s Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Please believe I'm not complaining. Hell I use it to my advantage with Orakpo on passing downs, but it's still severely flawed. If I play Trent Williams at LT he is nearly flawless. If I put him at RT it's easy 3-5 sacks against a game. What causes that? Simple typical EA coding.
I drafted a highly rated LT(top 3), & planned to use him @ RT since I had Okung holding it down on LT.
@ the start of season 3 his run block rating went down 15-20 point to what he had when I drafted him. He only allowed 2-4 sacks all year.
I'm wondering if this "bug/glitch" had anything to so with it?
"Jonas Val-Su-Eno-Wow-Sauce."
aka: Jonas Valanciunas
NHL: Vancouver Canucks
NFL: Seattle Seahawks
NBA: Chicago Bulls
MLS: Vancouver Whitecaps
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 AM   #24
Rookie

WilesThing's Arena

OVR: 1

I've experimented with Joe Thomas and other great pass blockers at RT. It doesn't matter who it is, the LE on certain plays will decide he doesn't feel like getting blocked anymore and just disengages after a second. It's like the RT is stuck in quicksand and can't shuffle his feet over in time to pick him back up.

And the reason why this is a bug is not b/c it's DEs getting the pressure but b/c it's ONLY the LE that this happens with no matter how good the RT is. It's not hard to see. Play any game, and whenever your LE gets pressure or a sack on the QB, check out the replay and notice the insta-shed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »