Home

Is there any possible way to stop out routes?

This is a discussion on Is there any possible way to stop out routes? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2012, 11:53 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Is there any possible way to stop out routes?

As I've already stated Smoke, I play ball IRL with a passion, so when it comes to Madden you already know it can't be passed off as true simulation. Hell, I've always said, if you plan on playing Madden as if it authentically replicates what you see on Sunday, you WILL NOT be successful online against the "Madden Ballers", I digress back to the topic.

Yes, you're correct, the makeup speed at the safety position was as unrealistic as it could get the past few years, I would know, I've played with my Ravens since before the Hit Stick was an idea in EA Tiburon's minds. But along with that, you could say the makeup speed of ALL the defenders has been pretty ridiculous..the play-making ability period has been ridiculous. I've had Haloti Ngata making 1 handed INT's in Madden 10, Ray Lewis outrunning WR's on INT returns in 09', and Ed Reed is actually Superman only he wears purple.

HOWEVER, this year, the ability to cover anyone with anyone is gone. I stand behind that and applaud it fully. But with that step forward, comes the 2 steps back. As I already said, the fact that people have to adjust their ENTIRE defensive concept to stop ONE or TWO things is ridiculous, any multi-faceted attack is unstoppable. I saw a poster the other day post in pretty much these exact words,

" Well, if you're good on defense and know what you're doing you should be able to hold the opponent in the 20's"

Now...I remember when holding the opponent to 10 or less was the norm in Baltimore IRL, and I routinely held friends and the non-cheese online players to nearly the same standard. ( My best game ever was actually a 13-16 defensive struggle loss to some Denver Bronco guy, Madden 06) The fact that it is essentially IMPOSSIBLE to play defense to that level against those that know what their doing is crazy. Now before you mention IRL, I'll also state that Madden has yet to implement successful enforcement of the penalties and things that make this possible, so the only other place to look is the gameplay correct? As I already stated, until EA correctly programs the nuances of the game INTO the videogame, people will do whatever they can do to survive/win, and if that means taking advantage of their FS to alleviate the bs of playing defense on Madden well then get the ballhawk gloves ready cuz I plan on breaking records out dis bitch.

Now yes, there are alot of variables to consider here...unlike past Maddens, LB's can't cover WR's, joe schmo DB can't outjump Randy Moss by 5 feet to get a pick (for the most part) etc, etc. And of course, the various skill levels of the folks you face online. And hell yeah, if I play against seomone that's playing straight up and not deliberately taking advantage of EA's programming shortcomings, then I'll gladly user somewhere else. But on the whole, in Madden 13', if you find yourself in NE with Baltimore, and you think you're gonna hold them to 20!? Nah....because this ain't you're older bros Madden anymore....
Old 09-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #18
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
Dood, i run Man as my base defense too. All you gotta do to stop this is throw up a DE or two in some purple zones. Kills the out route automatically.
It's straight Madden trash but this post is the answer to the OP. If you use the purple zones with Safeties or extra cornerbacks, it won't work because I guess they are to deep. However, defensive hot routing to those purple zones, I forget what the name of them is in the preplay control screen, using DL or LBs the players will be directly underneath those outs and comebacks.

That said, it's all complete trash to me and I have given up plying online ranked because so much of this Madden stuff is unrealistic and unfounded in for football. I refuse to become some expert Madden baller, when it takes all of about 10-15 minutes "labbing" to learn how to exploit this computer program and maybe a few games to get used to doing it on the fly. I am sure watching an online ranked game of Madden would disgust John Madden.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:36 PM   #19
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
It's straight Madden trash but this post is the answer to the OP. If you use the purple zones with Safeties or extra cornerbacks, it won't work because I guess they are to deep. However, defensive hot routing to those purple zones, I forget what the name of them is in the preplay control screen, using DL or LBs the players will be directly underneath those outs and comebacks.

That said, it's all complete trash to me and I have given up plying online ranked because so much of this Madden stuff is unrealistic and unfounded in for football. I refuse to become some expert Madden baller, when it takes all of about 10-15 minutes "labbing" to learn how to exploit this computer program and maybe a few games to get used to doing it on the fly. I am sure watching an online ranked game of Madden would disgust John Madden.

I do it out of sheer boredom, seeing all these wacked out gimmicks people use online and everyone saying how easy it can be stopped but yet they still continue to play and run gimmicks that are "so easy to stop" just doesnt add up. Why in the world would I choose to run gimmicks that are so easy to stop if my main goal was to win.

Half these guys dont even think about what they're saying or doing before they make there silly rebuttal comments. Madden can be played SIM and treated as such, its just these guys who break this game dont care because its a game. Peoples schemes for gods sake is to just kick onside kicks all game as the results are clearly in their favor of recovering the ball more than it should be.

When you play tot he games exploits, you're just as weak as the programming you break!
Old 09-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 5

If its throw on time its hard to stop, you have to do it manually. The AI doesn't react fast enough.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:49 PM   #21
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke6

I do it out of sheer boredom, seeing all these wacked out gimmicks people use online and everyone saying how easy it can be stopped but yet they still continue to play and run gimmicks that are "so easy to stop" just doesnt add up. Why in the world would I choose to run gimmicks that are so easy to stop if my main goal was to win.

Half these guys dont even think about what they're saying or doing before they make there silly rebuttal comments. Madden can be played SIM and treated as such, its just these guys who break this game dont care because its a game. Peoples schemes for gods sake is to just kick onside kicks all game as the results are clearly in their favor of recovering the ball more than it should be.

When you play tot he games exploits, you're just as weak as the programming you break!
I feel you Smoke that's why I have given up on online ranked until there is something done. A separate fair play lobby, tuned adaptive AI, options to limit preplay adjustments, a better way to record/save highlights to report gamers, etc. For now, I choose to just stick to playing in the OS community online and playing online CCM with people I know don't look to exploit the program.

The most shameful thing about online ranked is that's the only way anybody can play in the EA sponsored Arena/Virgin Gaming, yet they still don't do jack ish to regulate it. SMMFH.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2012, 01:52 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wankman69
I consider myself to be an above average Madden player (I'm 16-4 this year). In the past I've played man 99% of the time while ball hawking the field with my safety. This issues isn't allowing me to do that this year (or anything for that matter).

What I've ran into the past 2 game is my opponent moving his top 2 WRs into the slot and having each run an out route. As soon as the WR breaks toward the sideline, there is a 5 yard cushion between him and my DB. I can only take away 1 out these routes with my safety so 1 is always wide open.

I've tried man (worst defense for this), zone (he would just throw a comeback route to either outside guy which would be wide open), blitzing, etc. Nothing works.

The last kid was doing this no huddle after he fell behind 35-7 and I actually quit in the 3rd quarter. I couldn't take watching this happen for 45 minutes with there being nothing I can do to stop it.

Is there a defense that can stop this? I know that EA is trying to simplify Madden for the average person, but this is ridiculous.

i can;t stand people like you who quite when you start losing! No one should help this bum
Old 09-17-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYM72382
i can;t stand people like you who quite when you start losing! No one should help this bum
Why? You still get your win. Why sit through a loss? Wheres the fun in that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »