Home

Are the Browns this good?

This is a discussion on Are the Browns this good? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Are the Browns this good?

So I picked the worst team IMO(The Browns) to start a online CCM with.

I am playing on All Pro level, default sliders, 12 minute qtrs accelerated down to 18 seconds on play clock.

The only transaction I made is signing Nick Collins at safety. Other than that I have the most current roster update for online CCMS

So my question is...why is my record 3-1?
I beat the Eagles 14-7
Beat the Bengals 29-21
Lost to the Bills pretty badly
Beat the Ravens 27 - 14

SHould I jump up to All-Madden?

I thought the Browns were supposed to suck and I saw a thread about how Weeden is awful(granted he has thrown only 4 Td's to 8 ints for me so far)

My offense has not been good, but my defense is ranked #1 in the league and has given up less than 250 total yards in 3 of my 4 games.

I am having fun since the games are fairly close...however, I don't really want to win the super bowl in year 1 with the browns(especially being a steeler fan)

Any suggestions on how to get my record more accurate? Or am I underestimating Cleveland?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Are the Browns this good?

I forgot to mention that a majority of the points I have allowed came off of Weeden INT's returned for touchdowns
Old 09-22-2012, 09:45 PM   #3
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16
all madden wont be much harder. this year all madden is broken and sliders on ccm are not working as they should.

my advise. wait for the patch.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Old 09-22-2012, 09:49 PM   #4
Rookie

K9Sig's Arena

OVR: 1

other good advise would be to come out of the dark side and be a Browns fan
Old 09-22-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

the ppl who say weeden sucks are type players who are forcing there throws and trying play madden like past madden's u cant do that this yr with way ea amped up the defense. i just played a game against cmp who was lions and weeden torched there defense for 595 yards and 4 td's 2 picks and i was playing on all-pro as well.

and the browns are better on madden then most give them credit for with t-rich,weeden,benjamin,gordon,little,massaquoi the offense is alot better with weeden @ helm.

also the defense is alot better the rookie lb's,dt's always have big games for me...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
Rookie

don28's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm playing a Browns online CCM (one person), and I'm 3-0 so far. Beat the Eagles 40-24, the Bengals 26-20, and the Bills 32-31 in a game that I fell behind 28-7. Also playing All-Pro default, 15 minute quarters with accelerated clock down to 15 seconds.

Of course, I have practiced a lot before I started my CCM. After the Bills game, I figure that it will get tougher.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:57 PM   #7
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Does it really matter? It's your league man, what if the Browns did that in real life, it's possible.

Jump to All-Madden if you want more of a challenge. That's the most logical choice.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #8
Banned

js3512's Arena

OVR: 5

I wouldn't jump to all Madden as all that's gonna do is increase AI cheating instead of making the CPU play smarter football. I'd mess with the sliders and see what happens. And yea, I think you're underestimating the Browns a bit... no they're not that good but you said you wanted to pick the worst team and I definitely don't believe they're the worst team.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »