Home

Finally getting pass interference called

This is a discussion on Finally getting pass interference called within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Finally getting pass interference called

I put the Defence PI slider to 100 and the offence PI at 0, and I am getting DPI called like never before. Wondering if having them both at the same number cancels each other out, and the CPU cannot differentiate between the D & O.
Anyone else tried this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 01:10 AM   #2
Rookie

ASkylitMike's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Finally getting pass interference called

I haven't tried it, but the fact that both the CPU and I are getting called for pass interference is one of my favorite things they're added. LOVE it!

Finally, the ref actually sees when a defender steps right in front of a receiver!
Old 09-30-2012, 03:55 AM   #3
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

i havent tried that but it seems be same way with the reaction time as well the 0 and 100 thing if u reverse them u see better results.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Yeah really happy to see this this year. I've seen a lot of penalties that I had never ever seen in a Madden game before. I even saw an offensive PI and I was like "woaaah that's awesome." And it WAS a pi.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I guess I'll try this out next time I play M13 because I have seen 1 PI call on M13 after playing every game for about 7 seasons in CCM. That combined with maybe 2 penalties besides that one that have been called and I really wish they'd call more penalties.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

I have seen a few with DPI at 53. I could see it being called more if dpi and opi have a large difference. It seems like a lot of the sliders work in tandem with other sliders.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 09-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #7
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Can anyone else confirm this?

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 09-30-2012, 01:09 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Can anyone else confirm this?
I just tried it out, as the Ravens versus the Raiders, All Pro difficulty with default sliders. Through the first quarter I saw:

1. I run a cover three zone. Ed Reed runs up five yards to the LOS to cover no one, letting the slot receiver slip by him for a TD. Pass hit the WR in the back of the head and he spun around and caught it.

2. I run a play with 3 WRs to the right. The Raiders come out in a formation that completely ignores one of those receivers. I pass it to him as he is wide open. He drops it.

3. Raiders run a slant pattern. My DB jumps the route and knocks the pass down... With his face. Doesn't even lift his arms, just keeps running through the play.

4. I'm in cover 2 man this time. WR runs a streak on the outside. My corner just lets him run by, and doesn't turn to cover him until he's five yards past him. Where's Ed Reed? He again runs five yards forward to the LOS to cover nobody.

This is all through one quarter.

Oh yeah. I remember now why I stopped playing this game two weeks ago.

The worst part about all this is that they disgraced Ed Reed. Ed friggin' Reed. And no, I didn't have run commit called on those plays.

Who really cares at this point if a slider adjustment will somehow result in a few DPI calls?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »