Home

FYI, True Coach Mode Being Patched Into M13, Will You Use It?

This is a discussion on FYI, True Coach Mode Being Patched Into M13, Will You Use It? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2013, 04:24 PM   #137
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: FYI, True Coach Mode Being Patched Into M13, Will You Use It?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fizzbin
OK - I've read a majority of post and am confused.

I have not and will not ever purchase Madden for my PS3 until there is a real coach modes. The last Madden I purchase was for my PC.

SO - what is the scoop as of August 25 - Coach mode patch? No patch? Still up in the air?
NO! When I originally made this thread it was due to some info that was posted that turned out to be a misunderstanding. As far as anyone knows, there is still NO TRUE coach mode in Madden, like the one currently in NCAA, or any intention to patch it in. Only the "auto QB" feature, ie Madden's version of coach mode, was patched into CCM in M13.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 08-25-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 04:26 PM   #138
MVP

Grinder12000's Arena

OVR: 3

OK thanks - correct NCAA is REAL coach mode or Madden 08 was REAL coach mode.

Thanks Big FN Deal - I THOUGHT that but was not sure . . . . .
Old 08-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #139
MVP

Robcards's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SloeyEZ
When I was looking at this on the web site, I thought it said Development Director II which would be a level below Looman, assuming he was DD I. But I don't see the II in what I posted :\ hmm...
Not sure what prompted this thread to get bumped but I figure I'll field this year old post lol

Typically, a job with the suffix II is a higher position than a job with the suffix I

I.e. Development Director II would pay more and carry more responsibilities than Development Director I
Old 08-28-2013, 11:08 AM   #140
Just started!

OVR: 0

Just to be sure I understand-In Coach Mode or Owner Mode EVERYTIME my QB drops back to throw, he stands in the pocket until he's sacked. The only way to avoid this (besides controlling him myself)is to sim the game. I can't call the plays and have my team run them while I watch/manage/coach the game?
Old 08-28-2013, 12:53 PM   #141
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles888
Just to be sure I understand-In Coach Mode or Owner Mode EVERYTIME my QB drops back to throw, he stands in the pocket until he's sacked. The only way to avoid this (besides controlling him myself)is to sim the game. I can't call the plays and have my team run them while I watch/manage/coach the game?
In CFM in M25 you can control either a player, a coach or be an owner, that is NOT what this thread is referencing with "coach mode". Those are just varying ways to play a CFM, NONE of which included you ONLY play calling. Even being a player, which does have some element of watching the game, is essentially just Superstar Mode from years past.

What this thread is referring to is an actual option to ONLY call plays from a broadcast cam view and watch the CPU AI execute them, ie a True Coach Mode which is in NCAA Football. That type of mode is NOT in M25 but they DO HAVE an option in-game labeled "coach mode" which enables the QB on a User controlled team to throw passes automatically, IF the Users doesn't move the QB with the controller. So in that mode, in M25 it can be used as a pseudo coach mode, calling plays without controlling players but the User still has to snap the ball and kick FGs/Punts.

If you are wondering why a mode like this would even exist versus just having an actual Coach Mode like NCAA Football, you are not the only one but it is what it is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2013, 02:10 PM   #142
Rookie

OVR: 0

How do enter into this "coach mode" that you are speaking of?
Old 08-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #143
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

If I'm not mistaken you have to go into "settings" in the main menu BEFORE starting an actual CFM. Meaning you need to change it in the general settings that are available when you first load NOT after entering other modes. From what I understand there is NO "coach mode option" available in the CFM settings, you have to preset it outside of that mode and then it will carry over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »