Home

My top 12 questions in regards to XP and attributes.

This is a discussion on My top 12 questions in regards to XP and attributes. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
My top 12 questions in regards to XP and attributes.

In no particular order. You can answer, if you know the answer. Myself, as I am sure others, would like to know the answer to some of these questions. Hell, EA would like to know the answer to some of these questions.

1. Why would you purchase "Play ball trait" if it creates your player to go from aggressive to conservative? The damn DB's do not play the ball aggressive enough the way it is.

2. Does a pass rusher need "Awareness"? The reason I ask is because I take the Seahawks and Konz is a sack master with extremly low Awareness.

3. Why do some players regress after a year? Young and Old.

4. Consistent trait makes you a consistent at what? Making good plays? Making bad plays? Keeps "overall" consistent from year to year? And what are the 6 small boxes with check marks supposed to represent?

5. I read that a RB either does an Elusive move or a Trucking move based on which rating is higher. So if I have Marshawn Lynch at 99 Truck and build his Elusiveness up to 98. Did I just waste XP because a Truck move over-rides an elusive move?

6. Is "play recognition" the ability to recognize a play-action play from non play-action? Or recognize the play on the ball in the air? Recognize the route of the receiver?

7. The "Awareness" icon shows a radar with blips on it. I assume that the player knows where the opposing players are around him. But, does this include the ball in the air? Would high "Awareness" make the defender "Aware" of where the ball is in the air such as a deep pass.

8. As a player regresses due to age, will he lose points in ratings that are not affected by Age? Examples include "Awareness" "Toughness" and "Accuracy".

9. Why do 3-4 pass rushing Linebackers who are usually at least 6-3 and at least 250 always have higher finesse move ratings then Power moves?

10. Do high power move Pass Rushers usually beat the smaller finesse O lineman? And do high Finesse move pass rushers have a tendency to beat more of the Big Mauler O-lineman? I would think that this would be the chess match/strategy that would make sense, but with EA you never know.

11. Anyone with a half a brain knows that the practice that gives you 1800 XP for 3 quarters makes the most sense from anyway you look at it. So, why would you even practice any of the other scenarios?

12. EA advertises that "weight" and physics now matter. Why then don't rookies gain weight? Why couldn't you purchase a gain weight attribute? Or even have your player gain muscle weight as you increase their strength attribute?

Last edited by Dawg1919; 10-12-2012 at 12:00 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 AM   #2
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

Re: My top 12 questions in regards to XP and attributes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawg1919
2. Does a pass rusher need "Awareness"? The reason I ask is because I take the Seahawks and Konz is a sack master with extremly low Awareness.
Every player in the game needs awareness, and it makes a big impact on every player's OVR.

D-line players with high AWR will react quick enough to bat down passes.

Quote:
4. Consistent trait makes you a consistent at what? Making good plays? Making bad plays? Keeps "overall" consistent from year to year? And what are the 6 small boxes with check marks supposed to represent?
If you look at the in-game depth chart you will notice the OVR is not the same as the roster OVR because there are multiple modifiers affecting it.

Player performance varies each game, but the higher consistency a player has the less it will vary.

My players with maxed-out consistency always play at their roster OVR or better.

Quote:
5. I read that a RB either does an Elusive move or a Trucking move based on which rating is higher. So if I have Marshawn Lynch at 99 Truck and build his Elusiveness up to 98. Did I just waste XP because a Truck move over-rides an elusive move?
There is no "elusive move" in the game, as elusiveness determines the likelihood of breaking tackles.

Quote:
6. Is "play recognition" the ability to recognize a play-action play from non play-action? Or recognize the play on the ball in the air? Recognize the route of the receiver?

7. The "Awareness" icon shows a radar with blips on it. I assume that the player knows where the opposing players are around him. But, does this include the ball in the air? Would high "Awareness" make the defender "Aware" of where the ball is in the air such as a deep pass.
PRC allows a player to see the routes of the play, and AWR makes the player aware of EVERYTHING going on around him.

A 90 AWR CB will react more quickly to a pass than a 80 AWR WR and will get multiple interceptions in a game.

LBs with a high AWR and PRC are very difficult to deal with.

Quote:
8. As a player regresses due to age, will he lose points in ratings that are not affected by Age? Examples include "Awareness" "Toughness" and "Accuracy".
Only certain stats and skills are affected.

Awareness does not change, but d-line loses block shedding, DBs lose MCV and ZCV, etc.

Quote:
9. Why do 3-4 pass rushing Linebackers who are usually at least 6-3 and at least 250 always have higher finesse move ratings then Power moves?
Have you seen many LBs in Madden with high power move?

PMV is mostly for 300+ lb. DTs and big bull-rushing DEs.

Quote:
10. Do high power move Pass Rushers usually beat the smaller finesse O lineman? And do high Finesse move pass rushers have a tendency to beat more of the Big Mauler O-lineman? I would think that this would be the chess match/strategy that would make sense, but with EA you never know.
I think a big part of it is who they are going up against, because sometimes the DTs dominate and sometimes the DEs dominate.

Quote:
11. Anyone with a half a brain knows that the practice that gives you 1800 XP for 3 quarters makes the most sense from anyway you look at it. So, why would you even practice any of the other scenarios?
How much XP do your players get from that?

I tried different scenarios and my players were only getting 100 XP on the ones I tried, so I stick with "The Grind" because I can get XP for all my players in only three minutes.

Quote:
12. EA advertises that "weight" and physics now matter. Why then don't rookies gain weight? Why couldn't you purchase a gain weight attribute? Or even have your player gain muscle weight as you increase their strength attribute?
Good point, because weight should go up if STR goes up....like maybe 2-3 pounds for each STR, and I can even see weight going up about 1-2 pounds per year with age.

A weight gain package would be interesting, but I can see it affecting Speed which would then make it not worth it.
Old 10-12-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 4

Can anyone who has completed a full season in CCM tell me if players are given XP? Or if you solely have the XP that was earned during the regular season (& playoffs).
Old 10-12-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Raging Raider's Arena

Coaches and players have season goals, so at the end of each season you and your players will get a big chunk of XP.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:21 PM   #5
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: My top 12 questions in regards to XP and attributes.

Quote:

I imagine the sacks are a result of his position specific stats like block shedding and such.

An elusive move be left/right on the R stick, B button spin move, ar a R stick spin move. Truck move would be up on R stick. Since the steps to perform the moves are different, I don't see a situation where the CPU/ratings would detrmine which of the 2 he'd do. If you do a Juke Left he's not gonna truck no matter what his TRK rating is.

I believe it affects the ability to read run/pass.

I believe it affects the ball in the air and the location of a "spotlighted" WR.

Highly, highly unlikely.

I hate the practices. I do "Hold The Lead" every time because it's the shortest and I can call cover 3 zone every play and win 99% of the time.

They don't matter. Create a 140lb K, start him at LT, and put him against DE in the league and watch him hold his own. You can youtube those kinds of videos.

10 characters not in the quotation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2012, 06:34 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
I do 2 minute drill, as long as I don't throw an interception it is easily the quickest and easiest to complete.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:29 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsin
I do 2 minute drill, as long as I don't throw an interception it is easily the quickest and easiest to complete.
Like I said, someone with half a brain knows that it makes the most sense to do the 3 quarter drill.

"3 quarters" drill 1800 XP > "2 minute drill" 1200 XP
Old 10-13-2012, 02:01 PM   #8
Pro

Dj_MyTime's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Like I said, someone with half a brain knows that it makes the most sense to do the 3 quarter drill.

"3 quarters" drill 1800 XP > "2 minute drill" 1200 XP
And 1500 per player.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2047473988

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »