Home

Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #89
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden NFL 13 Title Update #4?

Harping back to my original post, clearly a 4th patch wouldn't be unheard of but I think it's grabbing at straws.

Its sad to see next year brought up so quickly with this game, insert your favorite analogy here.

I respect the work put into the game but the legacy of not having a solid foundation and one fix leads to two unforeseen breaks is getting old.

Right now, I feel like M14 would be best severed to release online with limited functions in June and allow user input to aid in the initial patch. Somebody has broken logic when testing this game because flaws are found almost instantly that then take months to resolve.

During that time the game gets bashed, in some cases unjustifiably while others return it or refuse to buy it. The model being used on this game wouldn't work to sell any other item, it's clear the license has been a huge crutch with this product.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #90
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It's not just the sports gaming community, heck, games that come out every 3 or 4 yrs needs patches, it's the way it is.

I'm not sure if their is a game in our library that doesn't need patching or needed patches.
I'm fine with games like Skyrim or Battlefield having patches to clean up exploits or things like that. Games like NBA 2k and MLB The Show are true examples of how a good team of developers can create a game that is playable and tolerable out of the box. Madden has so many bugs and exploits it's terrible. There used to be a day when I was able to play Madden for the whole year until the next cycle came out. Now, it's a month or two tops.

The Madden team should not be missing the key features they left out, or missing all the little things that are huge gripes among us on this forum.

Look at the two successful EA games, FIFA and NHL, both are huge international series. Madden, NBA, NCAA Football, these are all mainly for the US and a couple Canadians, and your overseas US Sports follower. EA has obviously recognized that if they were as bad with FIFA and NHL as they are with Madden, they would be in huge trouble. The EA football series is as dead to me as NBA Live is.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #91
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
I'm fine with games like Skyrim or Battlefield having patches to clean up exploits or things like that. Games like NBA 2k and MLB The Show are true examples of how a good team of developers can create a game that is playable and tolerable out of the box. Madden has so many bugs and exploits it's terrible. There used to be a day when I was able to play Madden for the whole year until the next cycle came out. Now, it's a month or two tops.

The Madden team should not be missing the key features they left out, or missing all the little things that are huge gripes among us on this forum.

Look at the two successful EA games, FIFA and NHL, both are huge international series. Madden, NBA, NCAA Football, these are all mainly for the US and a couple Canadians, and your overseas US Sports follower. EA has obviously recognized that if they were as bad with FIFA and NHL as they are with Madden, they would be in huge trouble. The EA football series is as dead to me as NBA Live is.
I don't disagree, but I've never experienced The Show(no ps3) and I'm having issues with 2k NBA out of the box this year as well.(waiting for the patch to drop)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 01:12 PM   #92
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fripperiffic
EA is done with this game. Looman and the 'game changers' have been silent since the last patch. This game had WAAAAAAY to many ridiculous bugs and glitches for me to take it seriously. Got $40 for it on Ebay. Bought it off ToysRus for $45. It was almost worth the $5 difference! Maybe next year........
I'm not a believer of the 'game changers' either. One of them is on youtube, and his entire approach towards Madden has changed. Before he'd let his viewers know of the problems with the series, but now that he's a 'game changer' he comes across as more of a cheap salesman, it's ridiculous.

I got the game from Toys R Us as a gift for $45 bucks and I still feel cheated. And I checked the OS front page and they're still removing features. I don't own this anymore but it still really annoys me that this is the only current football game, it's a bad game all around imo.
Old 10-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #93
Rookie

OVR: 0

Just curious, have they put in fantasy draft for offline ccm?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:58 PM   #94
All Star

authentic's Arena

OVR: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
I'm not a believer of the 'game changers' either. One of them is on youtube, and his entire approach towards Madden has changed. Before he'd let his viewers know of the problems with the series, but now that he's a 'game changer' he comes across as more of a cheap salesman, it's ridiculous.

I got the game from Toys R Us as a gift for $45 bucks and I still feel cheated. And I checked the OS front page and they're still removing features. I don't own this anymore but it still really annoys me that this is the only current football game, it's a bad game all around imo.
That's the problem with EA. Theyre like Sony. They're always trying to change everything. Why not just get a good core gameplay, and build on it. Instead, we still haven't seen a good football game this gen because they can't make up their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #95
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by authentic
That's the problem with EA. Theyre like Sony. They're always trying to change everything. Why not just get a good core gameplay, and build on it. Instead, we still haven't seen a good football game this gen because they can't make up their minds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One of the biggest reason that they are always changing things is because they have had too many lead producers. Ortiz, Ian, ????. They all have different ideas and it takes more than 1 or 2 development cycles for the ideas and visions to come to light. Take a look at the FIFA series.

While there are still some very annoying things, David Rutter, who has been involved since the FIFA 2008 overhaul has moved this game forward every year without catchy back of the box taglines and gimmicky features.

Madden still seems to be in some sort of identity crisis on where to focus. A lack of vision and no plan. How is it possible that nearly two months after this game has been released that I am still trying to figure out if M11, M12, or M13 is best?? Arguments can be made for all three. That's sad. M13 seems like a complete reboot to me and could quite possibly be headed in the right direction. Hopefully they stay the course, (re)add features, leave the current dev team in place and allow them to execute on their visions and ideas.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #96
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
One of the biggest reason that they are always changing things is because they have had too many lead producers. Ortiz, Ian, ????. They all have different ideas and it takes more than 1 or 2 development cycles for the ideas and visions to come to light. Take a look at the FIFA series.

While there are still some very annoying things, David Rutter, who has been involved since the FIFA 2008 overhaul has moved this game forward every year without catchy back of the box taglines and gimmicky features.

Madden still seems to be in some sort of identity crisis on where to focus. A lack of vision and no plan. How is it possible that nearly two months after this game has been released that I am still trying to figure out if M11, M12, or M13 is best?? Arguments can be made for all three. That's sad. M13 seems like a complete reboot to me and could quite possibly be headed in the right direction. Hopefully they stay the course, (re)add features, leave the current dev team in place and allow them to execute on their visions and ideas.
This is a spot on post.

There is people in place currently to take the game to the next level.

Next year, tighten everything up, add to the physics engine, player movement needs to be addressed and the computer AI needs to be strongly addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »