Home

Abusing bunch formations... Ruining our league.

This is a discussion on Abusing bunch formations... Ruining our league. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Banned

pats3912's Arena

OVR: 6
Abusing bunch formations... Ruining our league.

Ok this is what I'm dealing with. I run a league with some friends and one guy is abusing a shotgun bunch formation with a single back. He basically sends a te on a streak pattern with a WR running a deep fade to the sideline and a running back that the runs out from the backfield and crosses over the middle of the field. Someone is always open and it's tough to stop. We know he's abusing it because he uses this play constantly when playing us and all his games are a consistent 56-7 or 63-7 when he plays the CPU. We play on all madden sliders very similar to jarods sliders. He's a buddy of ours so its not like we can just boot him out of the league. Any ideas how to stop this defensively???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 04:53 PM   #2
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912
Ok this is what I'm dealing with. I run a league with some friends and one guy is abusing a shotgun bunch formation with a single back. He basically sends a te on a streak pattern with a WR running a deep fade to the sideline and a running back that the runs out from the backfield and crosses over the middle of the field. Someone is always open and it's tough to stop. We know he's abusing it because he uses this play constantly when playing us and all his games are a consistent 56-7 or 63-7 when he plays the CPU. We play on all madden sliders very similar to jarods sliders. He's a buddy of ours so its not like we can just boot him out of the league. Any ideas how to stop this defensively???
Cover 6. Always manually cover the TE.

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Old 10-28-2012, 05:07 PM   #3
Banned

pats3912's Arena

Re: Abusing bunch formations... Ruining our league.

Hmmm. Thanks for advise. He's usually very good against a zone coverage though. I heard audible your de to contain is a good defense against a bunch formation and play tight man to man.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:12 PM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Abusing bunch formations... Ruining our league.

Sounds like your friend is kinda cheesy. Boot him and tell him why. I think being "buds" makes this an easier, not more difficult, solution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA

Twitter roll2tide
Old 10-28-2012, 07:03 PM   #5
Banned

californ14's Arena

Friends should not be afraid to tell friends when they are being a dick....If they are truly friends they will be cool and change their ways....If not, one more poser friend gone....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by pats3912

Yeah I usually play an offline franchise with about 6 of my friends(Not this year) and I have one friend who is always finding exploits against the CPU. So when his game comes up someone always has to be at the house to watch him. Haha! It'll be a good thing whenever(If) they add spectator mode to online franchises so you can catch guys doing these cheesy stuff.

How exactly do you have the sliders setup? Post them for me when you get a chance. Maybe and I can you some tweaks that might help tone it down.. I don't know if you been following my thread lately but I've made a few changes.. He still shouldn't be beating the CPU like that regardless with the right setup..
Old 10-28-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
MVP

Gritblitzer's Arena

OVR: 1

Run into this quite a bit. I generally use cover 6 while covering a tight end.

One thing I've been able to do as well is use a cover 3 defense. Make sure you have the safety as the flat coverage on the bunched side. Instead of him in a flat, move him to a purple coverage to the bunch side of the field. Then take your lineman (Again on the bunch side) and yellow zone him back to where your linebacker usually is. Cover the tight end with your linebacker as a man to man situation. Usually kills it right there. You don't have to stay on the tight end if he goes on a streak deep, let the safety take over at a certain point and watch the running back in case he routes him to where your backer is supposed to be.

That sounds like a lot to do pre-snap, but once you get used to exactly what you're doing it's actually a really quick adjustment. Just don't let the tight end beat you up. If he throws to the tight end streak, just switch to the deep safety who should take over and you should be able to get interceptions.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 PM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

Friends should not be afraid to tell friends when they are being a dick....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »