Home

The Run Game Sucks!!! please help

This is a discussion on The Run Game Sucks!!! please help within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2012, 10:39 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The Run Game Sucks!!! please help

you're right, DMC doesn't average 2.2 YPC, he averages 3.2! in all seriousness though running sucks in madden. if it helps, my friend (who always plays as the raiders) lights me up with DMC on runs to the outside. not like an hb crack/toss, but like hb misdirections or just hb power 0 and he goes off to the outside. every time though he makes cuts right before the LB's come, so i guess the trick is just to improve your timing.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm in the 5th year of my Colts offline CCM so I have had a pretty solid o-line now (all 90+ Run block). I'm having good success running to the right using RB stretch plays and power-o are particularly effective. I always adjust the o-line to the right in these situations.

HB draws I can always scamper for at least 5 yards usually more. I occassionally throw in a HB iso with adjusting the O-line to be aggressive with some success. If you have the fullback as your lead blocker follow him diligently. Also look for upfield blocks by your TE which can help you break a huge gain.

I play a different playbook every game so last night I found an awesome HB draw from a 4 WR set in the NO playbook where the QB does an auto throw fake that worked amazingly well.

You still have to time your cuts, see the hole and hit it for sure but it is still very doable. Some teams can still shut me down but if I'm patient enough I'll find there weakness, every team has one...

Last edited by Adamsin; 10-29-2012 at 11:00 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 10-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 8

Thanks for all the help guys! but I think a few of you misunderstood, I'm doing a career as a QB, meaning I have no control over timing or when he makes his cuts. Do you think it would help to slide protect to the side im going to before every run play?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM   #12
Banned

Sotendo's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints551
Thanks for all the help guys! but I think a few of you misunderstood, I'm doing a career as a QB, meaning I have no control over timing or when he makes his cuts. Do you think it would help to slide protect to the side im going to before every run play?
I don't know if slide protect really does anything at all, but you can try to run counters with like two blockers and stuff.

The problem is that A.I. on all levels is worse, especially when the CPU tries to find a running hole, and the blockers always follow the predetermined guy instead of blocking the guy who's right there to tackle.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
Rookie

prototype561's Arena

OVR: 4

I assume since you are playing a player CCM as QB u have no control of your rbs, right(never did player CCM)? If so, then there is really nothing u can do other than try to get better run blocking o linemen.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:40 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

I usually use GB so take that into consideration but these things helped me improve in offline at least:

See the hole. DO NOT sprint until you are ready to burst through the gap, otherwise you'll probably just run into your own blockers.

Patience. Running into my own blockers was my biggest problem. Be patient and let the blocks develop, this can open up some huge cutback lanes.

Run out of shotgun or other pass formations. Anytime you can get less than 8 in the box is a great time to run the ball.

Unbalanced lines. Bad blocking TE? Sub in an extra tackle. This is when you're lining up in an obvious run formation.

Audible to the weak side. Try and choose plays that can still work if you run it to the otherside without everyone motioning.

Hope some of that helped.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »