Home

Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13?

This is a discussion on Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2012, 02:27 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
I don't think it's age maybe more picky people. There was tons of stuff I wanted to drop a "CMon Son" on where people were complaining.

Games far from perfect but it's the best Madden in a very long time.

Sent from my SGH-T999
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #26
Rookie

repoman042's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Does age play a roll in how well you enjoy Madden 13?

I think to a degree age plays a factor but also the progression in technology - specifically the Internet. When I was a kid, there weren't any internet forums, or Twitter accounts or patches. When you got a game, you generally played it with your friends and that was that. You learned certain things that wouldnt work (glitches), or certain plays that worked and always used them. Nowadays a lot of gamers (young and old) have become spoiled with the ability to vent their frustrations, talk to members of the gaming industry and expect a patch for everything. Almost seems as if there has become a culture of gamers that play simply to nitpick and point out every single possible glitch in a video game, then complain about it.

Before any of us had that ability, we either worked around things or just moved on to different games.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:47 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19

I enjoy Madden 13. This is the first MAdden that Ive really enjoyed in a long time. There are things that I dont like about the game (physics engine is overrated)
Madden 13 has also made me appreciate Madden 12 alot more. I find myself playing both games, two different franchises going.

Age has nothing to do with whether someone enjoys MAdden or not.
Things Ill never understand is how some people will stop playing a game becuase the colors of the uniforms are slighly off. Immersion is different for everyone I guess.

I can live with glitches, but what will kill a game's enjoyment for me is exploits. Lucky for me, After all these years, Im still a Madden noob, and Ive been playing Madden off and on since the very early 90s. stopped playing MAdden in 04 and went with 2k5. tried a few Maddens after that and did not like any of them, untill this year, which in turn caused me to revisit 12.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #28
Banned

siouxredskins's Arena

OVR: 4

if you are immature, you play like a nano-cheeser fool.

If you are mature, you play sim.

When you play head to head online against a stranger and do things that are not football related or just to abuse AI or to cheat..its another version of trolling.
that childish fool is saying,-" i dont care about you, I dont care if you have any fun, if i could onside kick and keep the ball all I game I would because i'm a selfish immature pinhead."

they hide behind their consoles to get away with being childish. The most technilogical age is breeding the most mentally deficient human who wants to ignore he is playing another human.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #29
Pro

Polo Bandit's Arena

OVR: 7

For some reason whether my stats were realistic or not never really bothered me in Madden when I was younger (I don't think Madden kept track of season stats until 97 or 98?), but I could never start an NBA Live season because the scores and stats always came out weird. Basketball has been the only genre of sports game that realistic stats have ever bothered me in. Even now with NBA 2K.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 1

as i have got older and technology has improved i expect a product to meet my expectations. my expectations are based on passed perfomance and info about new product from the seller.

if im told im going to get something as part of my money then if i dont get it im more than a little miffed. in the uk that takes you down the trades description act/sales of goods act.

as an example but in this case not something crucial. tuners. there were there in m12 and are there in m13. they have never been used. ncaa does.

logic does my head in about ea marketing
Old 11-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #31
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
I believe that older players are going to be more likely to enjoy the game for what it is and are better persons to play in Madden.

A person's character far surpasses their age. Some older guys are whiny, sore losers, exploit the game, and suck to play against.

I'm a guy who sees the flaws and tries to not let them ruin the game for me. So far so good this year

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #32
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

When younger, I, too would enjoy just playing Tecmo Bowl and any final game score would suffice...any outcome...any stats...no problem. I grew up to know and understand the game better, though. Not just by playing it, but by being on the sideline near coaches and in coach meetings and being around even more passionate fans of the game, one gains a thorough appreciation for the chess match/strategy that really exists in the game. It really is a game of inches, and like a good magic trick, lots of misdirection between offense and defense are there, too.

I don't consider myself a prude or grumpy just because I grew to find out what the game really is and what should be expected of it. I also grew to find that football games, no matter how much reality they say they are trying to inject, they are still tuned to gamers who are young in mindset - they want to play a game that offers more instant gratification...higher scoring, basically.

I promise you that people who better understand and desire a more realistic football game are also those of us who can sit through low scoring hockey, soccer, golf and can sit through a solid pitching performance baseball game that ends 1 to nothing. We appreciate what defense and struggling to win is. We want that in a football game...all games...finally. We want it via CPU logic/AI and given to us from solid developers...not because the game is completely tuned wrong.

Long story short. We want a game that is a fun struggle to beat...not a fun struggle to enjoy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »