Home

Which Team is Truly a Rebuild Project

This is a discussion on Which Team is Truly a Rebuild Project within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Which Team is Truly a Rebuild Project

BTW. I'm a Raiders fan. And their philosophy worked for 20 years. Then Al Davis got old and he just wasn't a good GM anymore.

But the new ownership has made the team soft this year. Nothing cooler than the Raiders with the hitting, the stick 'em, the castoffs taking their game to another level.

When I started my CCM first thing I did was trade for Chancellor, Browner and recover that physical identity. Took a while but we got where we wanted
"When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not that blow that did it, but all that had gone before." - Jacob Riis
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2012, 08:16 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moveitsjosh
Rams were a fun project.
Bradford is a beast, just needed some WRs.
Jackson didn't fit my offense, so I let him go.
TEs are bad
OL is bad
DL is pretty good
They have some good LBs
CB is set
Safety is not, you will need to work on that.
They have a good kicker, but a not so good punter.

The Rams were the only rebuilding phase I went through, but quickly become a SB team when given a #1 WR and some safety help.
Have u messed with Isaiah Pead?
Old 12-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #43
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Always a good time to bump up this chestnut for guys who want to "keep it real" when making deals with the CPU:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042238267

One of the "rules" that dropped of this revised version relates to only being able to resign 4 players per year over 75 OVR and 2 under 75 OVR...

I stick to that (excluding kicker / punter) and it does make it tougher...
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM   #44
Pro

live to die54's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBLover
Maybe they just need a new QB...

One that doesn't stand there for an hour waiting to get stripped...

Or an OC that will run the ball more than a few times with Rice.
i feel the exact same way. i hate flacco and i hate cam cameron. flacco is a very average QB and cam cameron does everything in his power to run whatever plays arent working as much as possible
Old 12-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsfuntobethespurs
BTW. I'm a Raiders fan. And their philosophy worked for 20 years. Then Al Davis got old and he just wasn't a good GM anymore.

But the new ownership has made the team soft this year. Nothing cooler than the Raiders with the hitting, the stick 'em, the castoffs taking their game to another level.

When I started my CCM first thing I did was trade for Chancellor, Browner and recover that physical identity. Took a while but we got where we wanted
It's so true. Yes, the Raiders have tended to go big, fast, strong, troubled, mean, but that gave them an identity and a philosophy, and even in the post-Madden and Flores era, it won them games.

Now, Reggie McKenzie's desire to make the team "multiple" seems to have confused the team identity. One quick look at the defense makes the point. I can't tell what they're supposed to be built to do. Bartell and Spencer are terrible choices at corner.

I wonder how folks feel about the Jets. The QB situation there is not great, nor is the receiving corps. On D, I'm not sure how well they'd play in Madden, but they do have some aging/marginal players in the LB corps, and I'm not sold on the safety combo. Landry has health issues and Bell isn't that mobile.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2012, 04:29 PM   #46
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMP
I wonder how folks feel about the Jets. The QB situation there is not great, nor is the receiving corps. On D, I'm not sure how well they'd play in Madden, but they do have some aging/marginal players in the LB corps, and I'm not sold on the safety combo. Landry has health issues and Bell isn't that mobile.
Jest are interesting because the game fires Ryan either after 2012 or 2013, at the latest anyway...

I doubt he'll survive much longer IRL, either...

I'm not sure what roster you're playing with, but in mine, Tebow was rated WAAAAAY too high by "the EA employee that shall remain nameless" (I'm looking at YOU, OS TOS) and not only does he end up starting there, but seems to go FA when his deal ends and goes off to start elsewhere...

You can end that nonsense by taking them over and sitting him...

And yes, the team is a mess...

The 34 doesn't implement well in Madden, so you could try and move away from that on D...

Greene isn't a long term solution at HB...

Maybe you could usher in the "McElroy Era"...

It's pretty wide open, due to all the factors currently in play with this once proud franchise...

Heck, even "Fireman Ed" has had it...

Old 12-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Man, the Jets' QBs are bad. I just played a preseason game with them and Tebow completed 33% in one half of play and Sanchez completed 44% in the other half. Yikes.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #48
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

I used the Broncos in Madden 12 and Tebow was both a blast and extremely frustrating to use at QB.

Jets definitely are a good project, though I prefer Indy because of the rookie QB, and being a Giants fan, don't think I could stomach looking at that Jets uniform 20 times a season.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »