Home

Clutch Trait

This is a discussion on Clutch Trait within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Clutch Trait

I knew that it increased or boosted a players ratings in the 4th.
What I didn't know, was what ratings it did increase.
I guess I missed this
How does the clutch trait actually work in the game?

Donny Moore, The assist on this one goes to our Madden Gameplay team.

• Quarterbacks who are clutch affect themselves and the entire offensive line. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• RB, WR, and TE affect only themselves. (Must be losing by 8 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT)

• Kickers have boosted accuracy and power. (Must be losing by 3 or fewer points or tied within last 2 minutes or OT. Also, must be fourth down unless there are under 10 seconds left in the game)

• For defense, this trait only matters for DBs and LBs. The clutch trait will only affect the given player (not teammates). (Must be within a possession [winning or losing] in last 2 minutes or OT)

More details on the clutch rating:

Ratings that are adjusted include:
" QB: Awareness, Carry, Play Action, Throw Accuracy, Throw On Run
" OL: MAJOR boost to Pass Block
" RB: Carry, Catching, Pass Block, Stamina
" WR: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch, Stamina
" TE: Catch In Traffic, Catching, Pass Block, Release, Route Running, Spectacular Catch
" K: Kick Accuracy, Kick Power
" S: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" CB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Man Coverage, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle
" LB: Awareness, Catch In Traffic, Catching, Hit Power, Play Recognition, Pursuit, Tackle

List of clutch players in “Madden NFL 13” (38 players total):
• Champ Bailey
• Darrelle Revis
• Eric Weddle
• Ed Reed
• Ray Rice
• Marshawn Lynch
• Frank Gore
• Maurice Jones-Drew
• Matt Prater
• Adam Vinatieri
• Rob Bironas
• Joe Thomas
• Patrick Willis
• Derrick Johnson
• Brian Urlacher
• Ray Lewis
• Ben Roethlisberger
• Eli Manning
• Peyton Manning
• Tom Brady
• Tim Tebow
• Drew Brees
• Aaron Rodgers
• Jared Allen
• Justin Smith
• DeMarcus Ware
• Clay Matthews
• Troy Polamalu
• Charles Woodson
• Jimmy Graham
• Antonio Gates
• Santonio Holmes
• Calvin Johnson
• Mario Manningham
• Steve Smith
• Anquan Boldin
• Larry Fitzgerald
• Andre Johnson

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...g-in-madden-13

Makes me wonder what other traits do?

Note: To see a player base traits, go to the roster screen. Not the depth chart, the manage roster screen. Select a player. A popup will display with options (trade player, release player, view player card)
Select view player card.
From there on the ps3 you would hold L2 (don't know what it is on xbox)
Move the stick until "traits" are highlighted.
Read traits.

Last edited by D_Fos; 12-19-2012 at 02:21 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Banned

D_Fos's Arena

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: Clutch Trait

And this is from the EA's manual (the 2 only Traits explained).

Consistency and Confidence
Two important traits in Madden NFL 13 are Consistency and Confidence. Consistency determines how likely a player is going to perform at a level close to their ratings, while Confidence determines how much a player’s ratings will change when their Consistency rating is taken into account.
In the offseason, players who have the potential to improve their Consistency or other traitshave a chance to progress those ratings.

Effects of Consistency
Players that enter a game on a hot or cold streak have increased or decreased ratings for that game. The amount they change depends on their Consistency rating.

Hot and Cold Streaks

If a player had a great game, they are on a hot streak and will have an icon show up next to them on the rosters and stats screens. If they play poorly, they’ll be on a cold streak and display that icon.

If they have a decent to good game, they are given a confidence value reflecting that.
Players on a hot or cold streak can only stay on those streaks for a max of three games. For the fourth game, their confidence is reset to three stars.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Clutch Trait

Thanks man. Thats some really handy info. If only they can explain every treat like that
Old 12-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
In the offseason, players who have the potential to improve their Consistency or other traitshave a chance to progress those ratings.
...You can buy these at any time..? I mean, right now, I can get it for a couple players who have the XP for it...I bought level 1 for Denarius Moore earlier this year...

Maybe they mean for Player CC? Or it can go up on its own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Fos
Effects of Consistency
Players that enter a game on a hot or cold streak have increased or decreased ratings for that game. The amount they change depends on their Consistency rating.

Hot and Cold Streaks

If a player had a great game, they are on a hot streak and will have an icon show up next to them on the rosters and stats screens. If they play poorly, they’ll be on a cold streak and display that icon.

If they have a decent to good game, they are given a confidence value reflecting that.
Players on a hot or cold streak can only stay on those streaks for a max of three games. For the fourth game, their confidence is reset to three stars.
So does that mean good players are better off with LESS consistency, because they'll play well, get hot, and see greater effect from being hot? That was what happened in OOTP's early versions when it had consistency in. Star players were often better being INconsistent because of this, which doesn't make sense.

Does this also mean that players no longer fluctuate week to week, like they could in M12, based on consistency. It now just impacts hot and cold effects?

Does it impact how likely the player is to get hot/cold? A "great game" or "poor game" seems to vary a LOT from player to player...

What is the point of 2-4 confidence? If only hot/cold matter, does that mean we don't really have to care about anything that's not a 1 or 5?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #5
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22
So Jared Allen and Justin Smith are clutch even though it only affects DB's and LBers? What's the point?

From my fingers to your eyes using Tapatalk...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-19-2012, 11:59 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

I guess in case someone puts them at OLB?

Or maybe he just forgot that position group LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 04:56 PM   #7
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Nice post, DFos...

Thanks for clarifying what the "clutch" attribute does that I recently purchased for my CLE / CCM / LT / J. Thomas...

Wasn't sure how that would implement...

As far as Consistency goes:

I've been a big advocate of this "hidden attribute" since it was first implemented...

It just makes the DPP "swings" less often and less impactful...

The thing I see that it effects the most obviously are QB ACC and HB "Fight for Extra Yards"...

As (this year's examples) Weeden and T. Rich piled on the levels (from 0 to 3 for the former / 0 to 4 for the latter over 3 seasons), I noticed that they play...

More consistently?

I see what KB is saying about it "backfiring" and making a cold streak extend because the player could become "consistently cold", but I haven't seen that personally...

Not that it's not possible!

Good topic, esp. this "late in the game", where by this point, usually all / most of the "little things" have already been doped out and discussed thoroughly...

Regards!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #8
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
So Jared Allen and Justin Smith are clutch even though it only affects DB's and LBers? What's the point?
Could possibly have an affect on the opposing OL. Maybe it cancels out any boost the OL might receive from a clutch QB. Not sure, just throwing out possibilities.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »