Home

what is a fair trade for mjd?

This is a discussion on what is a fair trade for mjd? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-11-2013, 08:33 PM   #9
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: what is a fair trade for mjd?

In my head, if the CPU offers you something it's a fair deal. The trade logic in M13 seems to be on point. (With some exceptions)

If you're getting offers from the CPU they're more than likely fair imo, especially if there is more than one offer. The CPU appears to compete against each other when theres a joint interest in someone on the trade block. I had the browns upgrade their offer to a 3rd round pick after I got an offer from the Colts for Patrick Chung. Pretty cool to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyone14
Buffalo bills offered me a 13 second Rounder and a 14 third rounder. Is this a fair trade?

I try to be fair as possible.

Also question what is a good qb rating for a qb? At what point would you bench or trade your starter qb? I am new madden. Ty again
I, personally never pay attention to my own teams overalls. I base their value on how well I play with them (since I use very challenging sliders). If you're winning games out there with Chad Henne and you're not upset with how he's playing why bother going after a new QB? Good QB's don't win championships..... in madden.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 01-11-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
MVP

IlluminatusUIUC's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymee13
Seconded. I think a third rounder max. Only players deserving of first rounder is the youngest top 3 at their position.
No one who's in the top 3 of their position is ever being moved unless they start dealing heroin. And even then, only if it happened at the team facility.

I think people's perceptions of trades are being skewed by all these panic trades of fairly high-profile players lately (Holmes, Marshall, etc). MJD is going to be 29 next year and still has good football left in him. I think a 2nd and 3rd is reasonable (though not from the Bills, wth ate they doing??). A first wouldn't be entirely out of the question if you had some older team with a short window that lost their halfback to an injury or something.
Old 01-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #11
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Mjd is worth a lot.. He is a franchise back.. And very takented
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2013, 05:59 PM   #12
Rookie

thrust's Arena

OVR: 3

A snickers and two packs of hot fries!

seriously, there's no equality for an elite back, except for an elite back.
Tweeted from Tampa Habitual Rehab Clinic
THRC
a home for the lonely
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 7

think adrian peterson with an expiration date.
Old 01-13-2013, 10:32 PM   #14
Ain't nuttin but a peanut

Mizzou24's Arena

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerx2
think adrian peterson with an expiration date.
The guy is still in his twenties.. I was leagues leading rusher with him and broke the record in our full online league.. He didn't regress and he is 98 overall..
Old 01-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrust
seriously, there's no equality for an elite back, except for an elite back.
That's the problem.

Anyone who watches the game knows that to get Maurice Jones-Drew, you'd have to give up a hell of a lot unless the team panics and trades him because they know he's gone anyways.

People say "only elite players" or "the top 3" at their position.

He IS an elite player. He IS top 3 in his position. He IS still young.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2013, 10:17 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
That's the problem.

Anyone who watches the game knows that to get Maurice Jones-Drew, you'd have to give up a hell of a lot unless the team panics and trades him because they know he's gone anyways.

People say "only elite players" or "the top 3" at their position.

He IS an elite player. He IS top 3 in his position. He IS still young.
I think I could name at least four or five other half backs I would prefer to have over MJD. Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, LeSean McCoy, Marshawn Lynch, so top 3? Not so sure. Top 6 I could say yes, but there are many backs that potentially command more value than Jones-Drew.

Also, 28 is not exactly young, and given the way he held out before this season, you can probably bet he'll try it again this upcoming season, which makes a trade scenario in which a 2nd and a 3rd round pick would be very reasonable. It's likely the Jaguars try to panic trade him because if they don't offer MJD a new contract, there is no way he is resigning with them after his current contract runs out next season.

He is an elite player. He is arguably a top 5 player at his position as far as sheer talent goes. He does not command top 5 value because 28 is not young for his position. No half back outside Emmitt Smith (Jerome Bettis maybe) has still been very serviceable beyond 32 years of age. Also, MJD is a power back, and power backs do not stay around as long as they used to; defensive players are quicker, stronger, and the game is more physical than ever. Players know this, coaches know this, and GMs know this.

If you were in the position the Jaguars were in, what would you do? You can only accept what a team is willing to offer. You know unless you give Jones-Drew a significant contract (likely one that will overpay him and keep him on your team years past his prime) he will leave your organization. They don't want to pay that money (clearly they already would have) and that leaves one realistic option. You trade him. However, every other team in the NFL knows they could just wait until he's 29 and then make an offer for him in the free agency market. They will lowball offer because they have leverage. One team may make a solid offer because they want him badly, but you can't necessarily count on that, so a panic trade is actually highly likely in this particular situation.

I'd say the 2nd/3rd rounder is good, flirting with too good for Jones-Drew. Recall that a couple years ago, Seattle traded a 4th and a conditional 6th for 'Beast Mode' Marshawn Lynch (who was a young, promising, up and coming back). How badly do you think Buffalo wants to go back and do that one over?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »