Home

Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

This is a discussion on Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

I have no idea if anyone from EA will ever see this (I hope so), but I was just hoping someone from EA would see it. I'm a 12 year Madden vet, played this game for large amounts of money, poured over 10,000 games online over the 12 years. I normally play the game from august to august (sometimes July), but this year I just have had enough.

The lack of support in this game and just how unprofessional it really is has hit me. When there's two formations named the exact same thing, uses the same plays, but one of the formations gets speed burst WR's off the LOS while the other formation has no speed bursts off the LOS for no apparent reason. They just decided for that formation to just have speed bursts. That's just one main thing that really shows the unprofessionalism (is that a word?) in this game. The defense in this game is practically non existent. You can play some defense but once you hit a certain point, you just can't stop offenses, you just pray for fumbles or CPU hit sticks.

The total control passing is a great feature, it really shows how NFL QB's can place the ball in real life, but the defense doesn't react to it. They just stand there and let you catch the ball and take off on them aka pass lead inside streaks. I can stop it, just the unrealism and how much you have to go out of your way to stop certain things when you shouldn't have to do much to stop it in the first place is just straight up annoying.

I've always thought that no matter how bad the game is, if there is skill involved that can separate bad from okay players, from good to great, and from great to the best then I will be happy. Unfortunately skill doesn't separate skill much this year it just kills the experience for me. If someone has played Madden for over a month, they can compete with some of the best players online if they're smart gamers.

Last but not least. I had a disconnection issue that seemingly no one else had. I constantly was kicked by the EA servers almost every game. I call EA, they blame everything and everyone besides themselves. Nothing has changed. I just randomly start getting the boot and I have done everything in my power to fix it and I'm at the point I know it's EA's servers. If not the servers, it's EA related, not my end. I'm not jumping on them instantly with this disconnection issue, I've dealt with issue for over a month and have changed anything and everything about my internet, still get the boot.

I'm not the type to do this and Mods if you feel like this needs to be closed/deleted then please do so. I was just hoping someone from EA could see what's happened here. A long time vet is putting the sticks down. The only game he played in the last two years was Madden 12, 13 and COD: Black Ops. Maybe we should look into what he says?

I enjoyed you Madden. I played you for a long time. I won over $5,000 cash since '02, but I've had enough. I hope everyone enjoys the Madden until August like I used to. It's a good game, I just got sick of the issues that were never fixed. Love the game to death and the game holds a special place in my heart, but it's time to say good bye.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Good Bye Madden 13 (12 year vet)

Welcome to "The Dark Side" my friend weve been waiting for you
Old 01-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #3
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey man you not the only one. Madden and NCAA get very very frustrating after all the patches drop and the newness of the game wear off. Its sad how such a great franchise turned the corner for the worse after 2006. I have been playing Madden since 2002 and I last year was my last year buying it for $65. What we both can not lie about is Madden and NCAA from stepping to the next gen, has made some huge strides and is a lot better game then when it first came out on the next gen. I really just hope Somehow they can mesh the technology they have, with the technology they had (last gen) and make it work. I probably cannot be done, but am man can dream though right?
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
Banned

KCClassic7807's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc43
Welcome to "The Dark Side" my friend weve been waiting for you
lol haha you are defiantly a fool for this one
Old 01-24-2013, 05:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Seeing you call yourself a 12 year vet makes me realize how old i actually am. Lets just say that when i started playing madden they couldnt use real NFL player licences. Not that i noticed at the age i was.

That said I whole heartedly agree. The idea that i am supposed to play a game with known glitches that were not fixed (fatigue is STILL broken) is proposterous. I have never been the guy to "wait and see" or cry about never playing madden again, but im gonna need a real kick in the pants from madden 14 to get back on board.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2013, 06:07 AM   #6
Pro

ajk49er's Arena

OVR: 2

for me its the A.I and sim system. in game, and in CCM. it just makes me crazy. not even mentioning the penalty concerns, and other things that don't at all mesh with the real game of football(like....say....the challenge system, being able to choose, this wont be fixed next year, yet we all know its been something we wanted since the 2k series)

its such a screwed up game that has so many things wrong with it, and they keep adding on top of it, hoping we wont notice that the real problem is that its corrupted down to the core.

andrew luck wins an mvp then the colts let him go and sign some garbage qb to replace him with like 50 mil in cap space w/o using a franchise tag? broken system.

the best example is the hall of fame. they made it all nice and pretty in ccm, and look what it actually is, the same system as before. certain positions that you draft cant get in unless you won like 10 straight super bowls, and even then probably not. instead of fixing the issue there, they just gloss it up

I think its safe to say that a lot of us who have played since the first madden, are incredibly unhappy with the product.

Last edited by ajk49er; 01-24-2013 at 06:10 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajk49er

I think its safe to say that a lot of us who have played since the first madden, are incredibly unhappy with the product.
This statement right here is so true.

How the heck are they suppose to keep their loyal customer base since the beginning when true NFL football has been lacking this generation?

I think I'm finally getting it.

It's similar to the cable/satelliate services.

They will bend over backwards for a new customer and try to keep them vs someone who's been loyal they keep taking away until you throw your arms up in disgust.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:30 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8

Yes agree. Ea patching MUT and leave all the glitches and flaws in the game and movr on to m14. Not fixing the cpu play calling, not fixing fatigue, auto subs, zone cover. All the glitches in cc. Not even fixing all the little stuff. Some of the problems shouldnt be to hard to fix but its seem ea just want your money and move on to the next

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »