Home

Missing Details in CCM

This is a discussion on Missing Details in CCM within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2013, 09:48 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Missing Details in CCM

I don't have the game yet (not sure if I will buy it if all the glitches aren't straightened out) but is anything in the quote below included? Particularly the easy stuff like past SB winners, MVPs, details during FA...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bergera
I'm a pretty big fan of CCM and I think for the most part it is a huge step in the right direction but I think it's missing some key details that would add to the experience. These are just small things (many of which were in past Maddens) that would increase the "story" aspect of CCM.

- As far as I can tell there is no ability to see past Super Bowls, including box scores and MVPs of the game. For all I know, the Cleveland Browns could have won three straight in my franchise with Brandon Weeden as MVP and I'd never know it unless I kept track on a pen and paper.

- When bidding on a free agent you can't access the player card of the individual you're bidding on or would like to. How am I supposed to know if I want to pay a guy a mega-contract when I can't even see how long he's been in the league or if he's won any awards?

- On the topic of player awards, if I go to a guy's card during the season and see that's he's been MVP or OROY or something in a past season it doesn't specify which year it was.

- Drafted player models not matching their pictures. A great example of this is QB Max Kodiak (I think that's his name; he's compared to Jamarcus Russell), who has a picture of a black guy but whose player model is a white guy. I've seen a few of these as well as QBs/WRs/DBs who have pictures that should go with O-Lineman (as in they're way too fat to be playing that position) A smaller example but one that still annoys me is drafting a player with a picture of a bald player only to find out the model has dreads. I guess being given to edit the full player model to match the picture would fix this. Perhaps even go back to the digital player pictures based off of the player model.

- Player comparisons and detailed scouting reports that used to be in past Maddens would add another great element to improve depth of CCM.

- Once players are drafted, their story lines are over and they become static. It'd be cool to have stories continue for all players. It doesn't have to be any thing too detailed but could be as easy as a player holding out or requesting a trade. Perhaps even player morale could be included and tied into ratings.

- When changing a players number, go back to skipping numbers already in use.

- Scheduling rotation as previously posted:

I think that's all I have for now. As I said, all of these things are small details that could go a long way in improving the CCM experience (which I do really like as a whole). Maybe I'm a nitpicker but these things tend to take me out of the game. Obviously it's too late for M13 but hopefully these things, most of which were in past Maddens, can be included in future editions sooner rather than later.

What does every one think?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »