Home

25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years

This is a discussion on 25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2013, 10:56 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: 25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years

I was just about to post this. The only one besides #1 (lol) that really helped is #18. The importing of draft classes was great, but it's gonna now.

I'm not sure why some of you think CCM is "the future", it might last another 2 years, maybe more, but the team isn't going to be able to have a true career mode co-exist within the same function used for franchise modes. They are not meant to play out the same way and that's what EA is trying to do to simply save time and make it easier for themselves. Especially if they continue to have issues bringing back imported draft classes among of problems that are caused due to CCM.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:16 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 3

The exclusive license!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #35
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
I was just about to post this. The only one besides #1 (lol) that really helped is #18. The importing of draft classes was great, but it's gonna now.

I'm not sure why some of you think CCM is "the future", it might last another 2 years, maybe more, but the team isn't going to be able to have a true career mode co-exist within the same function used for franchise modes. They are not meant to play out the same way and that's what EA is trying to do to simply save time and make it easier for themselves. Especially if they continue to have issues bringing back imported draft classes among of problems that are caused due to CCM.
CCM IS the future of career modes in Madden and will last a while, they will bring back imported draft classes and the other features people loved in Franchise Mode. They patched quite a few things in that were missing already and will continue to build/improve CCM until people eventually forget about Franchise Mode and fully enjoy CCM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2013, 10:24 AM   #36
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

I still don't think we see the draft class import feature return until the O'Bannon / Keller lawsuit is resolved. I hope I'm wrong, but it would seem to me to be low priority to implement cross-compatibility with a game whose entire existence is in the balance of the courts.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:16 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
CCM IS the future of career modes in Madden and will last a while, they will bring back imported draft classes and the other features people loved in Franchise Mode. They patched quite a few things in that were missing already and will continue to build/improve CCM until people eventually forget about Franchise Mode and fully enjoy CCM.
C'mon JP, don't fool yourself now, I know you're extremely optimistic but a vast amount of Madden players still dislike CCM. You don't even have to look here but all over; Gamestop gamer reviews, Metacritic, everywhere, CCM did nothing to make people forget about Franchise mode and people still want it back. It's too limited right now and doesn't show any signs of being able to create any significant enhancements that Superstar or Franchise wouldn't have been able to eventually do.

There's absolutely nothing breath-taking or revolutionary with CCM to assume it's "the future". The Madden team said it themselves, CCM makes it easier for THEM to program & tweak since it's all-in-one. That alone is not a good sign for us as consumers imo, they'd rather cram all these modes into one to make it easier for them than actually make two modes that are supposed to play out differently a put effort in creating those separate modes.

So something is going to have to give and most likely once new consoles are in place, CCM will be replaced. They are far too limited with separating the old Superstar mode from Franchise in CCM. CCM was has just been more of the same with a few good features removed.

Last edited by Jimi XIII; 02-25-2013 at 02:26 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:46 PM   #38
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

What a horrible article. It's been around for 25 years because it could always be worse???

And really 100 horse dicks long?

What infantile crap.
Old 02-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #39
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
What a horrible article. It's been around for 25 years because it could always be worse???

And really 100 horse dicks long?

What infantile crap.
Lmao!!!!! Too funny and so true

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #40
Just started!

OVR: 0
Smile Re: 25 Reasons why Madden has lasted 25 years

this last years madden 13 seemed so much more improved over past maddens well except for the squib kick glitch and the ip booting and all the other weird glitches involving nano blitzes and how poorly the off line picks up blocks or how horrible def pursuit angles well allot of stuff that would make madden great still needs to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »