Home

Madden 13 Roundtable

This is a discussion on Madden 13 Roundtable within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 21
Re: Madden 13 Roundtable

Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers

1. What is one sentence you would use to describe Madden NFL 13?

Smitty: A true entry-level Madden NFL title on next-gen.

CoreySA: A breath of fresh air.

OneEighth: Madden NFL 13 is a huge step above Madden NFL 12 and a real solid foundation to build future games.

Paakaa10: An unexpected leap for gameplay, with some issues elsewhere left in the wake of that addition.

Kev5890: Madden NFL 13 was a step in the right direction with the addition of physics with the Infinity Engine.

Beast419: Madden NFL 13 took several steps in the right direction but still falls short in a few areas.

Romo Time: Madden NFL 13 was the start of the return of a hurting franchise.
I'm not trying to begrudge anybody else, I'm actually looking for some honest assessments of these comments.

To me, again....I question how much time has been spent with the game after I read stuff like this. When it's the start of the article, I already feel things have been skewed.

I'm not seeing a "huge step" above M12. I'm also not even sure what a next gen NFL title looks like, what I do know is we STILL aren't at the point EA showed us a clip of in 2006 which directly related itself to "Next Gen Football". That 20 second or so clip is not currently what we are seeing in graphics, animations, commentary or presentation.

I think we all know, the gameplay is very basic, at times it lacks alot of fundemental football principles. It's clear to see, the Infinity Engine improved the game but not to the point it can now be used as "real solid foundation" going forward. This game at its core, is still the same product as M12, yes IE resolved some issues but some issues have not been addressed since 06.

I will agree, as we saw with BB real time physics are a needed addition to football games. It was a step in the right direction, and clearly Madden has been a very struggling franchise TO ITS HARDCORE FAN BASE.

Personally, as I said above. I feel the people representing our community do not accurately reflect my opinion of the product. At one point, I was villified on this board, while now at times I get a generally warm embrace.

I just feel like people are making comments on behalf of this community aren't justified in doing so based on lack of participation and game understanding. They certainly haven't earned the right to speak for me, and anybody willing to do so ill be glad to debate with.

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 02-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #34
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanMoody21

I just feel like people are making comments on behalf of this community aren't justified in doing so based on lack of participation and game understanding. They certainly haven't earned the right to speak for me, and anybody willing to do so ill be glad to debate with.
I think there is a general misunderstanding of what constitutes a community.

Besides Smitty and Kev5850, I don't know any other person with those list of names. And the two I mentioned, I don't see post here on a consistent basis as a Taz, Big, at23, etc.....

Rgiles is a GC that normally calls OS home and I don't even know if he is on that list.

All I'm saying is that wherever these other people call home, they may feel they are representing "their" community where they post more.

Those others on that list, I wouldn't think they know who I am and what I'm looking for just based on those names.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:34 PM   #35
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I think there is a general misunderstanding of what constitutes a community.

Besides Smitty and Kev5850, I don't know any other person with those list of names. And the two I mentioned, I don't see post here on a consistent basis as a Taz, Big, at23, etc.....

Rgiles is a GC that normally calls OS home and I don't even know if he is on that list.

All I'm saying is that wherever these other people call home, they may feel they are representing "their" community where they post more.

Those others on that list, I wouldn't think they know who I am and what I'm looking for just based on those names.
The only people the Gamechangers represent is themselves and EA.From a marketing standpoint, they serve their purpose for EA, and from an individual standpoint it serves themself. To think otherwise would be nieve.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #36
Pro

I see your point Roadman, but I also know OS makes provisions here for the Devs and GC's. So I can only imagine due to that relationship, it would only be natrual for a majority of GC interactions to occur here.

This way a true "flow" of information could occur, members to GC, GC to Dev, Dev to GC, GC to member.

As I said originally, I praise Giles for coming here and posting so frequently. OS is arguably the largest and most active Madden forum around. So again, that reiterates to me....if your doing something, not should either be here or find its way here.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #37
All Star

jpdavis82's Arena

Quote:
I'm not trying to begrudge anybody else, I'm actually looking for some honest assessments of these comments.

To me, again....I question how much time has been spent with the game after I read stuff like this. When it's the start of the article, I already feel things have been skewed.

I'm not seeing a "huge step" above M12. I'm also not even sure what a next gen NFL title looks like, what I do know is we STILL aren't at the point EA showed us a clip of in 2006 which directly related itself to "Next Gen Football". That 20 second or so clip is not currently what we are seeing in graphics, animations, commentary or presentation.

I think we all know, the gameplay is very basic, at times it lacks alot of fundemental football principles. It's clear to see, the Infinity Engine improved the game but not to the point it can now be used as "real solid foundation" going forward. This game at its core, is still the same product as M12, yes IE resolved some issues but some issues have not been addressed since 06.

I will agree, as we saw with BB real time physics are a needed addition to football games. It was a step in the right direction, and clearly Madden has been a very struggling franchise TO ITS HARDCORE FAN BASE.

Personally, as I said above. I feel the people representing our community do not accurately reflect my opinion of the product. At one point, I was villified on this board, while now at times I get a generally warm embrace.

I think your questioning of the amount of time they spent with the game is a little unfair. According to my Raptr account I have played over 287 hours of Madden 13 and I feel pretty much the same way about it as the GC's do. I definitely think it's a big improvement over M12 and the only area I don't feel that way about it being a big improvement is with the cameras and replays. For whatever reason camera angles and replays regressed a little vs M12. Other than that though, I think 13 outdoes 12 in every way. I think the biggest difference is in the gameplay and to be fair, the GC's have seen some things they are working on for the future of Madden that we have not seen yet and talked in depth with the development team members, so I'm sure that's where they get a little hyped about this being a foundation for the future. The Game Changers are a vital part of the community and it's not an "us vs them" mentality or it shouldn't be if we are truly wanting the best game possible.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
. I think the biggest difference is in the gameplay and to be fair, the GC's have seen some things they are working on for the future of Madden that we have not seen yet and talked in depth with the development team members, so I'm sure that's where they get a little hyped about this being a foundation for the future. The Game Changers are a vital part of the community and it's not an "us vs them" mentality or it shouldn't be if we are truly wanting the best game possible.
The Gamechangers have not seen anything as of yet that the community is not aware of, and in fact, are not a vital part of the community whatsoever.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
I see your point Roadman, but I also know OS makes provisions here for the Devs and GC's. So I can only imagine due to that relationship, it would only be natrual for a majority of GC interactions to occur here.

This way a true "flow" of information could occur, members to GC, GC to Dev, Dev to GC, GC to member.

As I said originally, I praise Giles for coming here and posting so frequently. OS is arguably the largest and most active Madden forum around. So again, that reiterates to me....if your doing something, not should either be here or find its way here.
I see your point, and I agree it's how it should be, but I don't think that's the way it's going.

Not many developers post here anymore, and now, maybe just Chase.

In fact, one of the CG's from another site stated that since Rgiles was a regular here, they didn't see the need to post here anymore.

And I haven't seen them since.

Just saying.

Last edited by roadman; 02-20-2013 at 05:53 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #40
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I think your questioning of the amount of time they spent with the game is a little unfair. According to my Raptr account I have played over 287 hours of Madden 13 and I feel pretty much the same way about it as the GC's do. I definitely think it's a big improvement over M12 and the only area I don't feel that way about it being a big improvement is with the cameras and replays. For whatever reason camera angles and replays regressed a little vs M12. Other than that though, I think 13 outdoes 12 in every way. I think the biggest difference is in the gameplay and to be fair, the GC's have seen some things they are working on for the future of Madden that we have not seen yet and talked in depth with the development team members, so I'm sure that's where they get a little hyped about this being a foundation for the future. The Game Changers are a vital part of the community and it's not an "us vs them" mentality or it shouldn't be if we are truly wanting the best game possible.
Then ill ask you....where do you see the refinements on a consistant basis in gameplay. The game still lacks elemetry concepts of football such as double team blocking. Plus you have to think proper pocket formation, 2nd level blocking and blitz pickup are all highly debatable but generally inconsistant.

It's not an "us vs them" mentality at all. It's just black and white, this was from EA and labeled "Next Generation Football".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxyTUaqm2GU

Understand when anybody is shown that as a comparison to the product we have currently, skepticism should be standard.

Getting back to my point, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the gameplay improvements and more importantly what we should view "next gen football"

Last edited by RyanMoody21; 02-20-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »