Home

Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #17
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeezapleez
Can I play an online franchise with my buddies?
Of course. You can do coach mode and your friends can do player. Doesn't matter who does what.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-06-2013, 09:29 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 25 Franchise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
Really starting to annoy me now with the amount of people wanting the old franchise mode back. It was boring, one dimensional. Yes Connected Careers is not perfect however it is version 1, it still has time to improve. Rather have CC than the same Franchise mode over and over again where you cant see which coaches are fires ect, having to start all over when you retire / leave.
it's a lot more then "not perfect". It's downright senseless, from the storylines to the way teams draft to AI defense and offense. LOL but hey, call it how you see it.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #19
Rookie

TSTAD's Arena

OVR: 0

If CCM is the new way to go, then does anyone know if M14 will allow for importing of draft classes or allow custom playbooks in offline mode? Also will it also have the option to show how many years a player has on their contract before you consider releasing or trading them so there is no cap penalty?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 AM   #20
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSTAD
If CCM is the new way to go, then does anyone know if M14 will allow for importing of draft classes or allow custom playbooks in offline mode? Also will it also have the option to show how many years a player has on their contract before you consider releasing or trading them so there is no cap penalty?
No news has been announced regarding M25 yet other than the new branding (M25 instead of M14 for the 25th anniversary), the release date (8/27/2013), and the start of the cover tournament (Jerry Rice v Cris Carter). Nothing else is known.

To repeat myself from elsewhere: if I were to speculate, I don't think we see Import Draft Class brought back until the Sam Keller lawsuit reaches a resolution that favors EA Sports. There's no point in implementing cross-compatibility between two games if one series' future entirely is in jeopardy due to legal action.

You may view how many years are on a player's contract within CCM right now. To do this, select More... > Strategy > Team Salaries; you will be presented with a spreadsheet containing all players under contract, and the sixth column will show the years remaining on a player's current contract. If you only wish to view the contract information for one player, on the Rosters screen, select a player, select View Player Card, scroll to the Contract/Skills tab, and the Years Left figure will be the top number in the leftmost column.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:45 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I doubt if they spent two years preparing and working on CCM that they would go back and redo what they did.
It's funny that you say this because they've done this before.

But I agree. They likely won't change this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #22
Dynasty Guru

JaymeeAwesome's Arena

OVR: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by collectbaseball
it's a lot more then "not perfect". It's downright senseless, from the storylines to the way teams draft to AI defense and offense. LOL but hey, call it how you see it.
The only glaring issue I see with CCM is the way the teams draft, the tiebreaker issue, and not being able to play pro bowl. Story lines are awesome, love the twitter feed, and it immerses you more. The play calling issue is a game play issue and shouldn't be lumped into the CCM bucket, but that needs to be worked on too.

Madden 15 Sliders: Realistic Game Stat Sliders for Madden 15

Madden 15 Dynasty: The NFL Reborn...
Old 03-07-2013, 07:47 AM   #23
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJCOreo
It's funny that you say this because they've done this before.

But I agree. They likely won't change this.
Your right, they have, but I barely remember posting that, until I looked at the original post a few weeks ago.

I thought I heard Josh Looman in a interview sequence last year mention users would be able to use CCM into the next decade, ie CCM is here for the foreseeable future.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #24
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

I wish they would have simply improved Madden 12's Franchise Mode.

I hate knowing exactly which class I'll get in M13. Sure 5 players might have different draft stories but the other 200+ will be exactly the same. M12 at least randomized the classes and the names.

I hate the CPU depth chart and resigning logic (RG3 and Luck are OFTEN allowed to walk).

I hate not having FULL player editing.

I hate the slooooow and monotonous progression. I also hate that the bench players and CPU players NEVER progress like my starters.

I hate having to cheese in order to get a player to progress ("If I can get 3 TDs a game with my RB each week I can finally get him to Superstar progression!!").

I hate not being able to manage CPU teams when needed to prevent idiocy.

I traded in M13 for M12 and am much happier. If they had fixed the CPU cut day logic, added the weekly updates on the hub (Players of the week, Coaching news, etc.), added some more randomness to the draft (randomized potential each year), added a little more "jazz" to the draft (the Madden 13 draft is more fun), and tweaked logic it would have been a FAR superior product to the overhaul that was CCM.

I bet CCM still won't have full player editing, random classes, or better CPU progression/depth logic. 32 team control would be a shock too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »