Home

Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

This is a discussion on Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #33
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden to Feature Uniform Fashion Critic in its Fake Twitter Feed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbergast
Why are people upset about this? EA just added a guy to the twitter feed. I'm sure that this didn't take anything away from all the other new features. Nothing really to get mad about.
It's like that old joke about good news and bad news which goes;

Prison Guard: I got some good news and bad news, the bad news is all we got for supper is horse dung.

Prisoners: Well what's the good news?

Prison Guard: That there is tons of it!

With Tiburon concerning Madden any perceived good news just seems to make the bad news worse.

Tiburon: We got some good news and bad news, the bad news is we didn't have time to correct uniforms.

Community: Well what's the good news?

Tiburon: That we added Paul Lukas, aka @Uniwatch to the virtual Twitter feed to tweet about how bad they look.

Last edited by Big FN Deal; 03-18-2013 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:27 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 19
@BIG FN DEAL !!!!^^LOL!!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #35
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
I really wish certain game play elements like O-line and D-line deficiencies were being given this attention instead. Upgrades to fake twitter can't be what the casual gamer wants? Is it, It sure as heck isn't what the hardcore football fan wants.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-19-2013, 10:08 AM   #36
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
I really wish certain game play elements like O-line and D-line deficiencies were being given this attention instead. Upgrades to fake twitter can't be what the casual gamer wants? Is it, It sure as heck isn't what the hardcore football fan wants.
Why does it have to be one or the other?

You realize this news is coming from the blogger, not Tiburon, right?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2
Old 03-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #37
Pro

cuttingteeth's Arena

OVR: 14
Location: I live on the road - ghosting servers of family members...haha.

1. I do hope this foreshadows an amazing, new uniform editor or create-a-team revamping. I'll give them a pass, if this is the case.

2. In real life, we are to expect the new logo changes for Jaguars and Vikings and the soon-to-come unveiling of the revamped Miami Dolphins logo and uniforms completely.

3. I had a nightmare about the money they have to pay Lukas for his name and likeness in the game on top of how much time it takes to code the scripting for his tweets, as well as the fact that they must spend/waste more time making sure his tweets are under 140 characters...because, hey, you know that there's no better way to get your news about details compared to heavily short-hand-scripted opinions.

4. Later in the dream, George Takei kept singing "Rob Gronkowski Style" with the Gangnam Style music and hot chicks dancing behind him.

5. I'm now awake, and sadly the worst part of my dream is likely the truth.

Last edited by cuttingteeth; 03-19-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-19-2013, 11:57 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 2
Madden development has devolved to the point where they're wasting time on fake twitter feeds of uniform fashion critics? Did I really read that right? I think they have officially jumped the shark.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:06 PM   #39
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I can't speak for everyone, but I've been on top of the free agency period this NFL offseason (last season as well) primarily through Twitter. I don't have cable television (ergo I don't have ESPN) but I don't need it because I can find out through Twitter what's happening the very instant Adam Schefter / Chris Mortensen / Ed Werder / Jay Glazer / etc. tweets a new story, rather than having to wait for any one of them to produce a dedicated TV spot, ESPN BottomLine update, or a blog post. Internet media outlets such as ProFootballTalk even name-check the Twitter accounts of NFL media personalities when citing sources.

Twitter is indeed a legitimate news source if one knows how to use it, and its inclusion in Madden as a news feed feature is by no means superfluous or extraneous. That's not to say that the Twitter feed alone is satisfactory - CCM needs a transaction log in the worst way - but I think it's a legitimate starting point.
IMO Twitter is much better than Facebook. Most people i'm friends with don't really waste their time with Facebook anymore so nobody I give a s*** about post anything on Facebook. With Twitter you communicate with athletes, writers, celebs, etc. I've had back & forth conversations with Bomani Jones on different things, i've had Scott Hall reply to my stuff, Tatanka and I had a back & forth about old school wrestling stuff. Where else would I have the chance to interact with these people? And then on top of that you get the news before you get it anywhere else. As soon as something breaking happens it's on twitter. You find out who is meeting with who, who signed where before the story comes out on ESPN or somewhere else.

I'd have no problem with the twitter aspect of Mort of Schefter breaking injury or free agency news. But uniwatch is pointless unless you can edit the uniforms throughout a franchise or whatever they're calling that game mode.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #40
MVP

mestevo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
IMO Twitter is much better than Facebook. Most people i'm friends with don't really waste their time with Facebook anymore so nobody I give a s*** about post anything on Facebook. With Twitter you communicate with athletes, writers, celebs, etc. I've had back & forth conversations with Bomani Jones on different things, i've had Scott Hall reply to my stuff, Tatanka and I had a back & forth about old school wrestling stuff. Where else would I have the chance to interact with these people? And then on top of that you get the news before you get it anywhere else. As soon as something breaking happens it's on twitter. You find out who is meeting with who, who signed where before the story comes out on ESPN or somewhere else.

I'd have no problem with the twitter aspect of Mort of Schefter breaking injury or free agency news. But uniwatch is pointless unless you can edit the uniforms throughout a franchise or whatever they're calling that game mode.
Facebook is by it's own nature exclusive, so unless you are friends with people actively using it then it's fairly useless aside from fan pages and their games. For parents, people with families on it, friends and family out of state, Facebook is nearly priceless - and that's just one of a few use cases.

Like the comments about Twitter though, couldn't agree more. The key with additions like this as well as real twitter is saturation. Put too much in and give us options. Beat writers for all 32 teams with their own spin on the team you're currently controlling/playing for, as well as the national pundits and stuff like this uniwatch guy. Want more or less? Need the ability to opt into my favorite teams - or all of them - and the same ability to trim the fat, only follow my local team reporter and Schefter for example. Default to a specific setup, provide options for more for those that want it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »